IGNORED

recent purchases thread

Guest aquinas

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm waiting for Brothomstates - Claro to arrive in the mail

CD or vinyl? I scored the CD brand new, shrink-wrapped on Amazon for less than $1 plus shipping. :emotawesomepm9:

CD, and I think it's shrinkwrapped. Mine was a dollar, plus a little less than three dollar shipping.

There's so many cheap copies of this cd running around. The guy I bought from still has like 10 copies left.

I've visited discogs and upgraded my mom collection:

Iaora Tahiti

Radical Connector

Agger Igger It

Autoditacker

Niung Niggung (turned out I got the lmtd. edition with two extra tracks :emotawesomepm9: )

Vulvaland

Cache coeur naif

Distroia

Disk Dusk (The seller gave me that for free)

VINYL

2001 a space odyssey

the music of erik satie: through a looking glass

BOOK

All Music Guide to ELECTRONICA...

... printed in 2001, its' pretty amazing, i mean they've got global goon and bochum welt in it... other shit to i've never heard of. good second hand buy.

edit: it's like an enclyclopedia. talks about said artist, than lists their albums/eps and rates them. they are pretty spot on in the ratings of the stuff i know about

the music of erik satie: through a looking glass

just went through a huge satie phase -- he's brilliant! to this day the gymnopedies are some of my favorite pieces of music.

i just went discogs shopping. FUCK SHIPPING COSTS FROM EU -> US.

bola - soup (2xlp)

laurent brondel/frank and bill - smak 11/12 (needed this one in the physical world!) (12")

zk/nachtsmeer - smak 13/14 (ok, building my smak collection!) (12")

gescom - iss:sa (12")

laurent brondel - weld (cd)

I finally went to the record store today, been a while. I was happy that my favorite store finally merged used with new (easier to browse one section than two), at least for electronic. I got the following used CDs, all of which I've had in MP3 for some time except the first which I haven't heard:

Jaga Jazzist - A Livingroom Hush

51edxiPoC3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Aleksi Perälä - Project V

511dy2HL2FL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Exile - Pro Agonist

51OrzGvMVEL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Funckarma - Vell Vagranz

41plaUTISwL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Mouse on Mars - Instrumentals

517qIY6cWNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Amon Tobin - Supermodified

41oj6ZMSEHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

vinyls:

Kraftwerk - (remastered edition) Autobahn, Radioactivity, Trans Europa Express, Computer World, Tour De France, Techno Pop, The Man Machine

cds:

Cynic - Traced In Air

Gnarls Barkley - The Odd Couple

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach

Orbital - 01

Fear Factory - Mechanize

Massive Attack - Heligo Land

VA - Warp20 (Chosen)

Asian Dub Foundation - Community Music

Pharoahe Monch - Desire

how are you liking vell vagranz side?

I still need to listen to it straight through. I've had it digitally for quite some time but don't think I ever played the whole thing, just heard a few songs during the occasional shuffle. What do you think of it?

Deru - Say Goodbye To Useless

deru.jpg

I almost bought this CD over the weekend but the only copy in stock had a cracked case. Easy enough to replace, but I thought maybe I'd find it cheaper online. Unfortunately that's not so (especially after adding shipping, which from Mush is ridiculous), and I may end up going back to that shop next weekend. It was $11 I think.

how are you liking vell vagranz side?

I still need to listen to it straight through. I've had it digitally for quite some time but don't think I ever played the whole thing, just heard a few songs during the occasional shuffle. What do you think of it?

i really like it. i'm completely crazy for the two funcken's and their countless projects. just amazing really.

as far as low end goes almost nothing satisfies me quite as much as a funcken. the vocal bits on vell vagranz are quite lovely.

vell vagranz is a monster (can't wait for roel funcken's new solo album)

vinyls:

Kraftwerk - (remastered edition) Autobahn, Radioactivity, Trans Europa Express, Computer World, Tour De France, Techno Pop, The Man Machine

any good?

Archived