IGNORED

recent purchases thread

Guest aquinas

Stars of the Lid - Refinement of the Decline, 3 x vinyl.

I love that packaging, and sotl sounds great on vinyl.

Yep its pretty good. Got it brand new and still sealed for a reasonable price. Like you said, its packaged rather sweetly and sounds great via the needle.

Just got myself King Crimsons in the Court of the Crimson King 1969 gatefold, pink rim from Island Records. I have seen it for very high prices on ebay but some fella wanted only £35 for it, others want £100 pound plus and still bidding???? So not sure of the drastic reduction in price, I emailed him and he assured me its in excellent condition, his seller rating is very good too. Maybe he needs shot of it quick?

If there is one vinyl gatefold album you need its King Crimson, even if you don't like the music!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought Digital Mystikz Return II Space, triple vinyl. Brand new on Bleep and sounds via the sound snippets rather tasty.

I must have spent well over 250 quid on vinyl in the last 2 weeks, my excuse? The last 2 weeks have been my summer holidays and I have had to do loads of jobs round the house to please the family. Fix this, fix that, new flooring, fix this leak, paint the walls etc etc.

So my happiness comes in 12 inch slabs of vinyl and a few evening beers.

Cheers!

The house looks great and the sounds radiating from the shack down the garden are even better!

Guest Sprigg

FSOL: Lifeforms

Plaid: DoubleFigure.

Damn if Double Figure doesn't beat Oversteps for my favourite album I've purchased this year.

Guest Hanratty

flip-ultra-hd-camcorder.jpg

pretty fun so far

i was checking those out. good quality? easy to put on to the computer?

totally easy. its my first camcorder so i cant comment on the quality except that it is good enough for me.

Guest AcrossCanyons

Just scooped Plaid - Double Figure, 2x LP for £14 on ebay. Think that's a decent result? All the others I've seen seemed to go for £20+

Either way I'm happy with it, brand new and sealed supposedly, can't wait to give it a spin.

Guest Super lurker ultra V12

ICASEA - Audio data bank 001, CD

Skam - SMAK, 2CD

DeepChord presents Echospace - Liumin, 2CD

Bitstream - Crab Nebula / Stream one, 7"

Meam - The L, CD+DVD

Dither - Amek

Michael Mayer - Immer (1,2,3), CD

Bola - Soup, 2 12"

Gescom - SKA002, 12"

North Manc Beds - Bolton 8, 12"

North Manc Beds - MancWeb, 12"

ZK / Nachtsmeer - SMAK 13/14, 12"

Team Doyobi - Wheels of Anterion, 7"

Autechre - Oversteps, CD

Autechre - Move of ten, CD

command + v from Good record stores in LA? thread:

The Orb - The Dream $7

The Orb - Bicycles & Tricycles $7

Stars of the Lid - Avec Laudenum $9

Venetian Snares - 7 Sevens.med EP $3

Aphex Twin - ...I Care Because You Do (original Warp pressing CD. such a nerd cause i so have the Sire one too) $8

Guest Enter a new display name

Thomas Köner - Permafrost LP (2010 reissue)

333.jpg

I don't have a record player yet but I really don't want to miss this very limited repress on Boomkat.

Guest AcrossCanyons

ceephax acid crew - uae LP

mrs jynx - shark carousel CD

plaid - rest proof clockwork LP

plaid - double figure LP

boards of canada - hi scores LP

tobacco - maniac meat - LP (with bonus disc of traxxx)

the drones - the minotaur 12"

squarepusher - ultravisitor LP

plaid - p-brane LP

the irresistible force - fish dances remixes 12"

boards of canada - peel sessions CD

wool - budspawn LP

plaid - spokes CD

she was coloured in - solar bears LP

inner sunshine ep - solar bears 12"

my so-called life - venetian snares LP

:D

Guest ansgaria

I buy all the time, so I guess I'll be spending quite some time in this thread. This is what I've bought the last couple of weeks:

Mikael Simpson - Stille og Urolig (CD)

Mikael Simpson - Slaar Skaar (CD)

Mikael Simpson - De Ti Skud (CD)

Mew - Frengers (CD)

Mr. Scruff - Keep it Unreal (CD)

Massive Attack - Butterfly Caught (CD single, used)

LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem (2xCD, used)

LCD Soundsystem - Sound of Silver (CD)

Black Mountain - In the Future (CD, used)

Muse - The Resistance (CD)

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations (CD)

Fontän - Winterwhila (CD)

Fontän - Early Morning (12")

and the absolutely most recent

Björk - All is Full of Love (enhanced CD single, used)

Autechre - Gantz Graf (CD+DVD, used)

The KLF - Space (vinyl).

man i hope it's not a bootleg like the two times i bought the vinyl and then i finally got a legit CD.

Hi mate,

Yeah I heard about the bootlegs after I purchased it second hand from a UK amazon seller (with excellent 5 star seller rating). I emailed him straight away asking if it was legit. He assured me it was, bought it way back when and played it once. It has a KLF insert promo card about certain bits and bobs.

But apparently its very difficult to tell vinyl bootlegs from the real thing....I trust his word.

The KLF - Space (vinyl).

man i hope it's not a bootleg like the two times i bought the vinyl and then i finally got a legit CD.

Hi mate,

Yeah I heard about the bootlegs after I purchased it second hand from a UK amazon seller (with excellent 5 star seller rating). I emailed him straight away asking if it was legit. He assured me it was, bought it way back when and played it once. It has a KLF insert promo card about certain bits and bobs.

But apparently its very difficult to tell vinyl bootlegs from the real thing....I trust his word.

you can look up some of the signs as to whats real and what's boot here http://www.discogs.com/artist/Space+(3)

but yeah i believe it's a lot easier to tell if the CD is legit or not.

Guest Z_B_Z

propose a failing currency that isnt the dollar. thatll be a start.

god damn.

dvds are cheap these days tho.

actually i think the dollar is up these day so never mind. fuck it, everything should be free except vinyl.

I need to become best friends with some of you guys so I can be on your will.

Also I find that I used to buy vinyl only, because I loved the huge artwork and it offered something different than a CD, which can be ripped into MP3s and put away on a shelf. But after my records always arrived bent or ruined from overseas, I am reluctant to buy vinyl and have started buying CDs again, I feel guilty though because I love vinyl!

So what distributor has the best track record in getting records to your house, in pristine condition? I've ordered from boomkat and bleep before, are they the best out there, or should I look elsewhere?

Archived