IGNORED

Panda Bear - Person Pitch

Liking what I've heard a lot so far- much more upbeat than his last one. Here is some info from the Paw Tracks site:

Panda Bear Person Pitch

PAW14 CD

Animal Collective member Panda Bear (a.k.a. Noah Lennox) boldly returns with his long-awaited third solo record Person Pitch. Years in the making, Person Pitch marks a dramatic departure from Panda Bear’s previous solo record Young Prayer. The acoustic instruments of Young Prayer have been replaced with samplers and electronics.

Fusing Panda’s dramatic life changes over the past few years (marriage, moving to Lisbon, becoming a father) with his ever-increasing sonic palette (standouts include Caetano Veloso, Berlin Techno, Scott Walker, and Kylie Minogue), Person Pitch is suffused with the kind of feel good modern toe-tapping pop that seems harder and harder to find these days.

Paw Tracks feels that the passing of time will show Panda Bear’s Person Pitch sitting alongside the great solo albums of Paul McCartney, George Michael, and Ghostface Killah. Luckily we don’t have to wait.

Guest awkward

grabbing it.

i heard young prayer when it came out and wasnt really wanting to hear that music right then so didnt get into it. maybe i'll listen again

Guest Glass Plate

Live on Ma Fama Portugal 01.07.2007 is pretty nice too, I haven't finished listening to Person Pitch yet, so I can't say much.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mooncup

on first listen this is pretty good stuff and immediate too. i listened to the radio show right after and the interview which was well worth a listen.

one track has a total hiphop backing. sounds like he sampled hiphop but probably he made the loop

Archived