IGNORED

Venetian Snares - Pink & Green EP

six

Guest firefunker4
Why do you care about what he told about Rossz? In the end it's only about the music

well, cos claiming to play the instruments when in fact, not only were they sampled, but huge chunks of some of the best classical music ever written.... is nothing short of being a poseur. he obviously *wishes* he could play instruments well, and maybe he could if he stopped releasing more-of-the-same-sub-par albums every few months. he should take a few years off, practice 8-10 hours a day, then he could probably play an instrument reasonably well.

and as far as your 'in the end, it's only about the music' comment... in the end, the only reason any of that album was good was because ripped off music that was already great. there was nothing interesting about the way he sampled [he took the most famous themes and looped them], there wasn't anything terribly interesting about the beats he put underneath them... it was just a hack job, really.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nah, he did play a lot of the stuff on that album, but certainly not all of it, which by the way, he never claimed he did.

he played a couple of really basic melodies on a couple of tracks, and if you listen carefully you can hear them because they lack really basic stuff like vibrato that any half-decent violin player can pull off.

rossz is still the only snares album i can listen to in its entirety though, i like it a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

i guess it depends on what your musical background is. if you found venetian snares from listening to gabba or speedcore, then i think your less likely to expect a big difference in style between albums. i mean, every track rotterdam terror corps have ever put out could be from the same release.

Archived