IGNORED

Incubus rips off BoC!!

pen1562001

So I'm half asleep with my radio on the loveliest of alternative stations when the newest Incubus song comes on...

Call me crazy, but in this stage of lucidity I thought I was listening to Amo Bishop Roden...so I download the Incubus song...and they have the same chord progression.

Of course, this is all pretty useless. but then again, so is most of this subforum...just thought I'd share anyhow.

03_Dig.mp3

remember there's only twelve notes.

major, minor, diminished, augmented. sus 2, sus 4, sus 6, maj7 and min7.

that's 108 chords before you start getting into 9ths, etc.

how many pieces of music do you think have ever been written?

every single track in the late fifties went cmaj, amin, f maj, g maj.

this thread is gay.

remember there's only twelve notes.

major, minor, diminished, augmented. sus 2, sus 4, sus 6, maj7 and min7.

that's 108 chords before you start getting into 9ths, etc.

how many pieces of music do you think have ever been written?

every single track in the late fifties went cmaj, amin, f maj, g maj.

this thread is gay.

yeah you basically said what i couldnt be arsed to write. kudos

Guest Techboy

first thing i thought when i heard that solo is "it sounds a lot like boc" but like

boc didnt copyright reversing solos and there are thousands of songs with the same chord progression.

Guest 277: 930-933
Amo Bishop Roden has a different progression. The only thing that makes seem similar is that they're in the same key.

This is like that hoax with Metallica copyrighting the key of E.

Umm that's actually not a hoax.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's nephew's biological father knows a guy who works at a guitar shop, he talked to somebody on the internet who used to date a girl whose dad was a roadie for metallica, he could confirm this 'hoax' is actually true.

Guest Archrival

this topic is obviously a joke and I bet dude is a incubus fan.....decent track by the way.

its like saying Aphex rips off pretty much every heavy metal music ever being made with come to daddy.

it's not so much a joke...i dont even like incubus....i mentioned in my post that i was half asleep with the radio on.

even though i used the word 'rip-off' , i understand that boc or any other artist can't own a chord progression.

the progression in the verses isn't the exact same...it only reminds me of boc.

just thought i'd share...it's no different than all the other bullshit going on in this subforum.

Archived