IGNORED

Beak - Bishop Whitney EP

Fred McGriff

just listened to the two songs i hadnt heard yet, texas and cakes. i think those two are my favorites, saying nothing bad about the other 3 because i loved essines hair and buggy ride and i gave you 4 oranges for context. i will listen to this ep in order and post later.

was texas on your demo? thats a smooth track. yeah i think that one is my favorite

nah i didnt put texas on my demo, i went through a period of really hating that song. it almost didnt make the ep . . . glad to see people liking it

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mooncup

oh sweet downloading now.

i only came to ekt to see if you had posted limozeen in here. i'm listening to it on your myspace. its the shit dawg.

Guest mooncup

wow this is great. not a duff note/move on it. pure brilliance throughout.

that korg sounds great with your guitar too. really added another level to your music

didn't like context clues very much, now playing Teach Texas Manners. loving the guitar slide @ 0:26.

like the mood of Buggy Ride but it sounds like something i already know. i first thought it was a track off amoral major earwig. 2:35 starting to find the track a little repetitive, well it's actually ending.

cakes: don't like the guitar on this one, like the background sound very much. the guitar repeats too much for my taste. i like to be surprised by the chord sequences. causes a track skip here.

essine's hair: very good beginning, love that beaky guitar n drill type. love the rhythmic phase that follows, love when the "synth" enters. must be a guitar btw. love that 1:23 cut. i definitely dig that track much more, there's a lot happening, unpredictable. the coming back of the guitar is masterful. next phase @ 2:27 again something different :) i'm starting to wonder what essine's hair look like. from how they sound i guess they must look like a summed up journey into frenziness, if that makes any sense. that's what your track evokes me anyway.

so, to sum up, the only track that really made it for me is essine's hair, overall i like the ep less than amoral major earwig but that last track deserves full-blast.

nah i didnt put texas on my demo, i went through a period of really hating that song. it almost didnt make the ep . . . glad to see people liking it

i can relate to hating my songs now and again. glad you came back around and added it to the ep.

listened to the ep in order today. great work. texas still my fav.

your melodies have definitely evolved since el hadecor.. the tracks seem to be very well rounded with dissonance and resolution and that (or whatever.. it just sounds good).. beats are denser which is good.. bell/cowbell is more prominent... i'll play it for my friends but so far 7/5

Archived