IGNORED

New album on Mu!

Solo Strike

Guest reyde_espana

just heard it... its great... lots of melodies floating around... steady beats...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Renivatio
update

l_55684dd66ad50ed33f562b85d04a04b8.jpg

looks horrible

YES!

ugh... how incredibly photoshopped is that image? look at the blood on the shirt! :laughing:

waitaminit....it's photoshopped? I got some horrible vision, then.

Guest bitroast
this cover would suit a hardcore gabba album,,,not the music of the album at all

i actually really agree. it doesnt suit.

the albums actually alot better than i was expecting. not great or anything, but its alright.

Rise Of The Salmon is like the only track that really stood out.

Ive listened to bits and bobs of this now. Sounds very classic, like it could have been made any time in the last 15 years. Lots of Tango n Vectif style quirky portamento melodies and unfamiliar crunchy percussion. Every synth seems to be heavily detuned as well leading to a very odd nauseous eerie feeling. Well done Mike, not at all what I was expecting. Now I just need to buy it.

Guest Renivatio

This album would have sounded much better if he didn't recycle the same synths and aimless melodies...I mean, "dirtylush stinkwife" recycles "dexedrine girl." come on...what the hell.

Guest texan whip

ok the album artwork has an almost playstation game look to it, but i'm so glad the music within hasn't followed the planet mu grime/dubstep/dancehall trend that his last album pointed towards. i really hate all that shit! nor has mike taken the rather predictable venetian snares route, which i for one thought he would. i'm so glad, as aaron funk to me is a talentless and noisey, repetative beat driven bore! it's good to see that mike is finding his roots again and doing what he does best - moody, affecting melodies and dynamic ambient atmospheres with beats!

Guest Romhotep

I'm glad to hear some people like staying rooted more than 10 years ago.

Down with progression!

Archived