IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

Guest we_kill_soapscum

my roommate. we're already 1/3 done with the next record, and we're promoting parties now w/me and some other fellaz DJing.

Alrighty folks, I stopped my fun skipping work to dj all day romp, JUST to come in here and be the first one to drop this name on you dubstep fans, get ready for this one folks(love it or hate it)...

The Entity

What I always kinda pictured in my head happening to dubstep, just happened...dubstep has really met metal. Frankly, I don't dislike this nearly as much as I thought I might, however I'm still trying to accept the absolute lack of harmony for what, frankly, sounds pretty cool.

edit: Who am I kidding, this is fucking AWESOME!!!! If I ever hear the name Mindless Self Indulgance, ever again, I'm just screaming "The Entity" at them

edit again: The track "Wrong Lies" is one of the first time I've ever really *liked*(keyword: liked, used in place of tolerate) death metal singing.

wait hae u heard Sabbath Dubs?

i actually lost that 7", i might buy it again (cause i smoke weed)

my roommate. we're already 1/3 done with the next record, and we're promoting parties now w/me and some other fellaz DJing.

Alrighty folks, I stopped my fun skipping work to dj all day romp, JUST to come in here and be the first one to drop this name on you dubstep fans, get ready for this one folks(love it or hate it)...

The Entity

What I always kinda pictured in my head happening to dubstep, just happened...dubstep has really met metal. Frankly, I don't dislike this nearly as much as I thought I might, however I'm still trying to accept the absolute lack of harmony for what, frankly, sounds pretty cool.

edit: Who am I kidding, this is fucking AWESOME!!!! If I ever hear the name Mindless Self Indulgance, ever again, I'm just screaming "The Entity" at them

edit again: The track "Wrong Lies" is one of the first time I've ever really *liked*(keyword: liked, used in place of tolerate) death metal singing.

wait hae u heard Sabbath Dubs?

i actually lost that 7", i might buy it again (cause i smoke weed)

i have to say Sabbath dubs is supremely underrated. people wrote it off as some gimmicky shit but if you actually listen to both songs fully they are really fucking good and have kind of classic dub spring reverb way about them.

Keep me posted on those parties

Guest nene multiple assgasms

distance has already done metal-influenced dubstep. plus there's snares' sabbath dubs.

What do you fellas think of Martyn? He's quickly shaping up to be one of my favorite new artists. Pretty much everything he's released has been killer and he seems to improving with each new release, great remixes too.

Just listen to some of the upcoming stuff on his Myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...riendID=3905598

Rumor is an album is in the works for late 2008/early 2009 which is pretty exciting.

Guest Soothsayer
poor scorn. none of the american steppdub fans i talk to know who he is, minus the ones that came over from 90s industrial / dub techno

uhhh, if you're going to question my credibility, I'll let you know that I was a proud owner of the Gyral cd back in 1999... :fee:

All the things you guys have named off(the Primus remix, Sabbath Dubs, the Distance metal-y tracks), none of it touches The Entity as far as actually sounding like a metal band jamming over dubstep rhythms. Not that I don't like that stuff(although I'm not particularly fond of the Sabbath Dubs, which sounds weak compared to The Entity, promise), it's just not the same things. All the things you guys have mentioned, are dubstep producers trying to replicate metal, The Entity is the other way around.

Seeing as I can't put rapidshare links in these threads, if ya wanna hear it, pm me.

edit: To expound on Scorn's metal drummer history a bit more, yeah, he was the first drummer/singer for Napalm Death, however, has he ever truly brought any of that style(or Painkiller) into his Scorn work? I'd be quick to say no to that. There is an element of groove, restriction and minimalism he's worked into his solo stuff which I just don't see in his group work. So yeah, cheers to Mick Harris for showing he's a badass in many different genres, but I'd be hard-pressed to say that Scorn and The Entity are anything near an apt comparison, I don't think Mick Harris has the same goals making Scorn tracks that The Entity might have doing their stuff(even if The Entity is trying to replicate something close to a music that Mick Harris helped spawn). Sorry for the rambling.

Edited by Soothsayer

What do you fellas think of Martyn? He's quickly shaping up to be one of my favorite new artists. Pretty much everything he's released has been killer and he seems to improving with each new release, great remixes too.

Just listen to some of the upcoming stuff on his Myspace:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...riendID=3905598

Rumor is an album is in the works for late 2008/early 2009 which is pretty exciting.

He's been one of my favorites. I've liked every 12" he's done so far.

yeah i like martyn

http://nymag.com/arts/popmusic/features/48667/

new york mag

good ref for the wiki

although

Dubstep, the U.K.’s fledgling dance music,

LOL

oh my good lord, reading it, it is heavily based in places on the wiki article i mostly wrote with P4K and zeibura including structure and even exact wording in the odd occasion. hahahaha this is so weird.

such is the nature of the GFD license!

Edited by kaini

edit: To expound on Scorn's metal drummer history a bit more, yeah, he was the first drummer/singer for Napalm Death, however, has he ever truly brought any of that style(or Painkiller) into his Scorn work? I'd be quick to say no to that. There is an element of groove, restriction and minimalism he's worked into his solo stuff which I just don't see in his group work. So yeah, cheers to Mick Harris for showing he's a badass in many different genres, but I'd be hard-pressed to say that Scorn and The Entity are anything near an apt comparison, I don't think Mick Harris has the same goals making Scorn tracks that The Entity might have doing their stuff(even if The Entity is trying to replicate something close to a music that Mick Harris helped spawn). Sorry for the rambling.

i totally agree with everything said here. His early stuff sounds very metal but it sounds absoltuely nothing like Entity. Truth be told i mentioned scorn again just for provocative wound reopening fun, i didnt seriously mean what i said.

Guest Soothsayer

Sorry, didn't mean to sound so defensive in that post, I was probably at work(it's been a kinda shitty last week). pm'ing folks with links now

this entity is good shit!

there's actually an idmy remix on sepultura's chaos ad that the remix version of this reminds me of a tad

Guest Soothsayer

hahahaha, so I got to relive being a teenager in a fun way this weekend. There's a new dubstep 12"(?!) by the Bassbin Twins(??!!?!)

Simple, sounds old-school, and it's awesome