• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is pretty good - the last hour and a bit is Skream doing an impressive dubstep set.  Great fun seeing the drone flying around the hall.  It is a great venue - I have been in there a couple of times for concerts and the sound in there is really strong.  Wasn't too impressed with the MC Crazy D when it first started, but I warmed to him - looked like he and Skream were having a great time

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 1:50 PM, Taupe Beats said:

This just got put up yesterday:

Legendary night, I remember after I heard it, I bought most of DMZ releases as mp3 on Bleep, back when you could briefly get "official" digital files of the Digital Mystikz.

4 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

really liked his last video on grime music.. haven't watched this un but hoping is good..

Yep pretty good, just watched that. And nail on the head really, you can't just blame America for the fall of Dubstep. I think Skrillex kicked away the crutches of dubstep when it was already crippled.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

You know, while I do still prefer the classic deep sound and related things, there are some interesting developments. These include the slightly more experimental 130 bpm sound one hears on labels like Manuka (loved this EP from Ternion Sound last year: https://manukarecords.bandcamp.com/album/exploration-ep) or this, and I've only heard a teeny bit so maybe it isn't that cool after all, the new "riddim" subgenre that uses sounds similar to "brostep", 150 bpm, though instead of being all about instant gratification and drops to the same extent, it's more about just grooving and doesn't change every half minute with the short attention span of Skrillex and the like, a bit like some of the half time dnb out there but also incorporating some trap in there too, very 2010s, not sure how well it has date for some tastes.

• Like 2

Also, there's stuff that can be described as and I was hoping this would one day exist... IDM meets brostep... you might call it "a very contemporary take on flashcore"... Not a million miles off from Richard Devine but less obnoxious

https://detund.bandcamp.com/album/libet-tones

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...