IGNORED

DUBSTEP::::::::::

Atop

I understand the concept of riddims perfectly well, and yes there is a lot of crap. But to say that dub is a crappy version of reggae is wrong. to say that reggae sucks is wrong. and to say that dubstep is like dub is wrong.

I never understood the popularity of Sleng Teng, there's much better riddims out there (and there's something like 180 versions of the sleng teng)...but yeah it was the first...in the digital reggae era...

Also: soapscum..I can't get that mix to download for some reason....and according to the website, there are more than 8 tracks in the mix?

Oh hey, obviously I like reggae/dub pretty well or else I wouldn't be this interested, and I wasn't saying you didn't understand it.. rather, I don't think HE understands that you really have to dig in Raggae, because of alll of the stuff out there. Its practically impossible not to like SOME raggae, with literally thousands of singles being released each year.

yep yep. You know where all the old classic reggae singles went? Japan.

Seriously, when reggae hit Japan, all the collectors went to Jamaica and bought all the 45s they could. It's great you can walk into record shops there now (cause reggae is passe, nigga it's all about the crunk juice now) and pick up tons of classic 45s.

Last time I was there I got an original 45 of "Murder She Wrote"

Guest analogue wings
There's just sooooo much released, sooo much. A friend of mine is really into it, he used to get tapes from this guy who lived in Jamacia and would ship singles out internationally. Every two week's he'd send out *4* 90 minute casettes, filled with 30 second clips of each new single. That's alot of tracks every two weeks. People also don't get the concept of the "riddim". Like, seriouisly, you will heae Sleng Teng in well over 100 different Raggae singles, probably alot more. To someone growing up on Western pop its confusing because you're like "Wtf? this is the same as that other song??". You just have to get that in Jamacia each month, different "riddims"(rhythms) are popular, and once they got hot, every little carribean music studio will be pumping out the tracks with that new hot sound.

Try and download Radio Clash 85. Barry G vs Rodigan. It's a 5 hour clash, but Barry G draws for a Sleng Teng only about 30 minutes in. Rodigan says "you shouldn't have done that - half my crate is Sleng Tengs. At which point it becomes Sleng Teng Clash 85. There's every possible variation on the riddim too, including rubadubs and relicks by real bands!

Sleng Teng is not the most versioned riddim though - that is the Real Rock, followed by the Stalag.

Edited by analogue wings

Guest meneedit

Ok ok, I'm not really sure what Dubstep is but as for 2-Step, is there any

non-vocal 2-step out there?

Edited by meneedit

Guest blutac

My generic response tio all dubstep threads because in internet cafe and running out of time. Dubstep is THE SHIT, and all you haters are gay. xxx

yes, you are a gay homo if you hate vex'd!

and tis teh coolness Mr Jigsaladattackckoe, but you may have never heard Creation Rebel, which is beyond reggae in awesomeness and is very good dub when most dub is boring, i understand, but there is some good dub, I have to believe this, Pole's early stuff is amazing, non-conventional, but the basslines and rhythms are dub, and electronified and glitched out as fuck, great sampling....

but you have to have heard Pole, and if you don't like him, tis teh coolness once again, and the band Sub Oslo from Texas, this is pretty much as far as I go with dub..........

more beyond the green screen needs to take place!

but dubstep is so much cooler for me right now, not sure in a day or four, but it is fun and like the heavy metal hip hop industrial version of dub, not all of it, some is very gay, I think the tracks I have put up are great ones....

but I am taking down Scorn and Cluekid.......

to be replaced by more future presents.........

sharing is one of the first lessons I learned....

I've gotten good at it..........

Merry Festivus.........

I love you guys!

There's just sooooo much released, sooo much. A friend of mine is really into it, he used to get tapes from this guy who lived in Jamacia and would ship singles out internationally. Every two week's he'd send out *4* 90 minute casettes, filled with 30 second clips of each new single. That's alot of tracks every two weeks. People also don't get the concept of the "riddim". Like, seriouisly, you will heae Sleng Teng in well over 100 different Raggae singles, probably alot more. To someone growing up on Western pop its confusing because you're like "Wtf? this is the same as that other song??". You just have to get that in Jamacia each month, different "riddims"(rhythms) are popular, and once they got hot, every little carribean music studio will be pumping out the tracks with that new hot sound.

Try and download Radio Clash 85. Barry G vs Rodigan. It's a 5 hour clash, but Barry G draws for a Sleng Teng only about 30 minutes in. Rodigan says "you shouldn't have done that - half my crate is Sleng Tengs. At which point it becomes Sleng Teng Clash 85. There's every possible variation on the riddim too, including rubadubs and relicks by real bands!

Sleng Teng is not the most versioned riddim though - that is the Real Rock, followed by the Stalag.

Listening to this now. This is great!

Emalkay!

This better be worth stopping KRS-One for.

I mean if I have to stop listening to KRS-One for some shit.....there will some hell to pay Mr. Pink Bunny!!!!

yeah, that one as well.....

there are different superheroes, so I guess they can't all have the same song....

we are both right...........

The Flash has 'Cabbage' by Snares in his head at all times.........

Guest EDGEY
innovated by the drummer from Napalm Death........

Good to see credit given where credit is due.

'Greetings From Birmingham', 'Logghi Barogghi' are quality.

i've been getting into dubstep stuff since getting the mary ann hobbs comp.

i got ahold of burial's album, and "distant lights" is one of the few tracks in a while that has come close to pissing me off because it's so fuckin' good. perfect combination of engaging minimal beats and incredibly well orchestrated haunting melodic elements. it sounds as though most of the sounds in their stuff are samples - meaning found sound type stuff. anyone know more about that?

cheers,

c