IGNORED

Björk- Volta

Guest jim

sucks for you man....

Who is it, Where is the Line, Pleasure is all mine, Oceania, and Triumph of a Heart are all wonderful tracks....addictive!

some of the finest use of beat boxing known to mankind!

But I guess you have to be a Bjork fan to dig these tracks as much as I do..........

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest mooncup

medulla was great. you're gonna dismiss it without hearing?

the volta flame text on the cover is a bit silly.

Mouth's Cradle is also an amazing track from Medulla......

A H, you are excited about Timbalind but not Mark Bell, Mike Patton or Rahzell on Medulla???

whatever man, your loss........

mark bell is cool on his own, i never liked the stuff he produced for other people... i'm not a fan at all of mike patton... rahzell is cool but not enough for me to get medulla... and yes... i'm a timbalind fan... but now that i think about it... i'm not really into bjork at all... i listened today to "who is it" on youtube... but i didn't like it.

i guess for me (only my opinion), she didn't stand the test of time for me. homogenic was the last album i was really excited about after hearing joga. vespertine was cool... but i soon lost interest in her before medula came out.

hold on... (edit abounds)... i just listened to oceana... i assume that's rahzell? that sounded pretty cool... the rest... not so much!

it'll grow on you......

she is a space goddess......

to deny her is to not love life........

other star system life forms prefer Bjork to most any other music; held on a pedestal next to Aphex Twin, Black Moth Super Rainbow and Kiln................

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Grizz
sucks for you man....

Who is it, Where is the Line, Pleasure is all mine, Oceania, and Triumph of a Heart are all wonderful tracks....addictive!

some of the finest use of beat boxing known to mankind!

But I guess you have to be a Bjork fan to dig these tracks as much as I do..........

I'm not really a Bjork fan but I really enjoyed Medulla. No good collabs? Mike Patton & Rahzel = best collab she'll ever have.

i wish i wish i wish either Bjork released a multitracked version of her album or an instrumental. Her vocals are always like +5db too loud for me, they seem to occupy half of the mix. Even though she is much more creative, i feel like Bjork feels the need to mix her voice in songs like Celine Dion.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mooncup

the two trks she performed on snl were good. very singlely, big choruses but pretty good. made me want to dig out vespertine. could only find selmasongs.

I lent Selmasongs out to a recording client of mine last week who wanted to do a song where the percussion revolves around tea kettles, water being poured, spoons clattering in mugs, etc. After hearing her song idea I decided Bjork would probably be right up her alley.

Archived