IGNORED

Did anyone see Squarepusher last night?

G. I. Raffe

Guest sero_13

I saw him at the Birmingham gig and he was awesome! Vibert was wicked and the "special guest" was Grant from Rephlex.

Im super buzzin i got to see him perform Beep Street!

It was really weird he even did an encore and performed Come on my selector! That was an education!

What were the highlights of the London gig G.I. ? Was the stage tiny due to the massive light screens? I saw Vibert hiding behind one of them when he was djing. Oh yeah, and he played Xmd5a during his set, which made me rigid

It was really weird he even did an encore and performed Come on my selector! That was an education!

LOL, sounds like exactly the set from Glade. I was so fux0red...

I saw him at the Birmingham gig and he was awesome! Vibert was wicked and the "special guest" was Grant from Rephlex.

What were the highlights of the London gig G.I. ? Was the stage tiny due to the massive light screens? I saw Vibert hiding behind one of them when he was djing. Oh yeah, and he played Xmd5a during his set, which made me rigid

Didn't record it no. The highlight was the new stuff he played really. He didn't come till 11:45 though.. no one seemed to come on till that time actually

Guest behindthebeats

what a scorcher. arrived at 8.30 thinkin it was gonna be

over by midnight but it turned out to be a six hr thriller.

plaid up first followed by bastien and a short vibert set.

(all the dj's were located at the mixing desk).

squarepusher jam was followed by a 2hr(?) set of the most

astonishing complex beats I have ever heard from him. Plenty

of new material and everythin remixed to fuk. as

overpowering as the glade set but completely different -

wicked visuals, great soundsystem and a totally mad for it

audience.

what a scorcher. arrived at 8.30 thinkin it was gonna be

over by midnight but it turned out to be a six hr thriller.

plaid up first followed by bastien and a short vibert set.

(all the dj's were located at the mixing desk).

squarepusher jam was followed by a 2hr(?) set of the most

astonishing complex beats I have ever heard from him. Plenty

of new material and everythin remixed to fuk. as

overpowering as the glade set but completely different -

wicked visuals, great soundsystem and a totally mad for it

audience.

ah. where was the mixing desk? behind the screen or upstairs?

yeah I was expectiing it to finish at 12. Didn't get home till 3

what an amazing gig

Guest behindthebeats

up the stairs, yeah blinding experience.

iwas standin next to a slaughtered ceephax and am sure i spotted chris cunningham recordin the set.

long live tom jenkinson and richard d james !.

What did people think of the live jam? In my opinion far to much emphasis on the sax which i didnt think was that great but pretty mash up anyway. Also Pierre Bastiens Mecano contraption...

I was stood on one of the higher balconies for most of squarepuhsers set. I could see everything and was encumbered by the almost moshpit violence on the dancefloor. Which i must say i was very unimpressed by... I just wanted to dance and enjoy the music.

I in all fairness was amazed by the squarepushers set. I am having chills just now thinking about it. Every favorite point in the show where i thought that it could not get any better, it got better! By the time he played Journey to Reedham I was totally on another planet. The version of come on selector was sublime! I never thought it possible to see one man a bass and a few machines out do a live band. Alas, he did!

So, whoever is going to see him on his next dates... I really hope he plays as spectacularly for you as he did for us. Quite possiblely, the best musical live event that i have witnessed.

:D

Mr. G.I, where were you located in the venue?

So, whoever is going to see him on his next dates... I really hope he plays as spectacularly for you as he did for us.

Agreed, it was a potent spectacle.

I was on the dancefloor for most of it. Saw the mixing desk when I got in at 8pm, but didn't realise that's where the DJs would be - so I headed straight down to the front... I'm quite pissed off I missed on out on watching them do their stuff. :)

I was impressed by many of the tracks played before Pierre Bastien and those played just before Squarepusher came on... but I hardly recognized any.. does anyone have any track/artist names?

I didn't like Pierre Bastien's stuff that much - I personally don't think it was really that interesting/original. Everyone I know who's played with little motors has attached stuff to them to make funny rythms at some point. :D

Squarepusher's stuff was blinding. Quite amusing that he forgot to mix in the bass guitar properly for his first jam (I think). Also liked his reaction when that twat threw beer over his laptops (again - I think that's what happened).

I'm glad I found a nice spot on a balcony in time for Tetra Sync. The vibes on the dancefloor got a bit dodgy, even before the moshpit stuff started.

Archived