IGNORED

Let's talk about Cichlisuite

Blir

Basscad EP is awesome and Anvil Vapre is alright... CONTROVERSY!

not everybody manages to cause controversy at will

try harder

• 4 years later...

Just bumping this thread, because I just had the most transcendant listen through of Cichlisuite yet. The Chiastic Slide trio, namely Chiastic Slide itself, Cichlisuite, and Envane... deadly good combo.

I like all of it. But I don't love all of it - especially the 2010 releases. Many will tell you this is because it's the AE effect and I just don't get it yet, and one golden morning it will all make sense. Which of course can only be proven, and not disproven, by me. And for all anyone knows, I could have gotten it months ago and I'm lying about not getting it out of pride. Or something. But that's bullshit because I loved every release to those (except the quadrange remixes...ugh, lazy) immediately upon first listen. And I kind of fell out of love with Draft 7.30 and Untilted, although I've started to enjoy Untilted more again in the last year or so.

Anyway, Cichlisuite. Fucking brilliant. My favorite EP, of any band, ever. It is perfect. They hit all the right spots, the pacing and track-to-track flow is immaculate, and the sound design and sequencing still sound fucking awesome and not dated. Perfect length too, as mentioned earlier in the thread. Love the shit out of it.

Holy shit, this thread is old. I thought "what prick thought it would be a good idea to discuss Cichli Suite?". Me, apparently.

And how nice and optimistic I was about life back then! Before WATMM beat that out of me.

Anyway, great release. Not listened to it for a while actually, so I will do that today. Thanks happy me from 5 years ago!

• 3 months later...
Guest disoriental express

Pencha is 100% my favorite on this one. when it kicks in at 2:22.... what nectar of the gods is this?

Guest disoriental express

am I the only one who likes literally everything AE has ever done?

Count me in. There are different levels at work but yes I adhere to this fully.

It's a bit like ae heard Telephasic Workshop for the first time and thought "right, we can beat that", and then compressed the same level of polyrhythmic complexity tighter and tighter until it turned into dark matter