IGNORED

Let's talk about Cichlisuite

Blir

Guest disoriental express

@cloud capture

slow speeds on vinyl would be crazed...

the last time i did k i was listening to the Coil song "The Coppice Meat" and sound became something else entirely....

Edited by disoriental express

Guest disoriental express

am I the only one who likes literally everything AE has ever done?

Count me in. There are different levels at work but yes I adhere to this fully.

that would have been me...until Quaristice and MoT, lol

that rhymed. different levels i said. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

To me Cichlisuite was consistently great, Ae at their absolute peak in my admiration.

Another peak: Confield. Wait. There are more peaks... Oh, I'm a fanboy :wink:

Edited by Guest

• 5 years later...

I was torn whether to bump this thread or create a new one, but I dont have much to say except> cichlisuite is a solid gold ep, each of the 5 tracks have something different to offer.

Characi is probably my favorite of the bunch, the skittering sounds on top of the deep speed/slow beat is unbelievably tasty to my ears.  Then tilapia is so subtly funky, its hard not to bust into dance.

I have pt1 of the 12" and used to think this was the superior half (because both tracks are amazing there) but wish i could track down pt2.  Unfortunately the prices seem to have caught up with the age of these eps..

Also, from another thread, but anyone knnow where this can be found>??

there is a live version of Tilapia AE did that is absolutely amazing, its much longer and has more of a drum and bass edge to it.

where can this be found? could you upload it please if you have the time?

Edited by Marked x 0ne

I always thought that Cicilisuite, Peel Sessions 1 & 2 and Stop Look Listen off of WAP100 would make a great album together. They all have a similar texture that would of coincided with LP5

Edited by Entorwellian

I always thought that Cicilisuite, Peel Sessions 1 & 2 and Stop Look Listen off of WAP100 would make a great album together. They all have a similar texture that would of coincided with LP5

Peel Session 2 is perhaps more near to the sound of ChichliSuite, but Peel Session 1 is too much Tri Rep/Anvil Vapre-era. For me.

CichliSuite is for me a link between Chiastic Slide and LP5. Peel Session 2 is the link between EP7 and Confield (tracks 1 and 3 could easily fit on EP7, 2 and 4 on Confield).

This release and LP5 are definitely among the peak AE. I have pt.2 on vinyl, great pressing. I remember getting in the mail and putting it on, blew my kid brother and his friend's minds.

mechanically reclaimed is apt, it sounds like the music was captured by machines instead of created by them, if that makes any non-pretentious sense... there is so much personality and soul in these tracks, it's the stuff that transcends genres

This release and LP5 are definitely among the peak AE. I have pt.2 on vinyl, great pressing. I remember getting in the mail and putting it on, blew my kid brother and his friend's minds. mechanically reclaimed is apt, it sounds like the music was captured by machines instead of created by them, if that makes any non-pretentious sense... there is so much personality and soul in these tracks, it's the stuff that transcends genres

absolutely.  this era (or all ae imo) doesnt sound similar to any other music which uses "mechanical" sounds, for lack of a better phrase.  which imo attests to the creativity with which they use gear and personality that comes through in the music.

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Characi is probably my favorite of the bunch, the skittering sounds on top of the deep speed/slow beat is unbelievably tasty to my ears.

The acid owl hoots used to just make me laugh but that hollow bass at the end is so good. It's a world unto itself but it's just an afterthought in the context of the track.

Damn, I got Tilapia in my head just from reading this thread. As an EP it's the perfect bridge between Chiastic Slide and LP5. Just good shit all around.

I think the remix of that Mari Hamada track was from this time period as well. Maybe even the same gear was used.

Characi is probably my favorite of the bunch, the skittering sounds on top of the deep speed/slow beat is unbelievably tasty to my ears.

The acid owl hoots used to just make me laugh but that hollow bass at the end is so good. It's a world unto itself but it's just an afterthought in the context of the track.

Acid owl hoots you say?

GGiThu8.jpg

Can you believe, this ep came out 1.5 years before ocarina of time?

cichlisuite sounds so good in the car. this one, envane and ep7 are some of the best driving music there is. especially during rain.

however i don't often listen to nts or elseq in the car because i get so sucked into them that i dissociate and crash into things

I think the remix of that Mari Hamada track was from this time period as well. Maybe even the same gear was used.

Not a remix, they produced it for her vocals if I'm not incorrect.

cichlisuite sounds so good in the car. this one, envane and ep7 are some of the best driving music there is. especially during rain.

however i don't often listen to nts or elseq in the car because i get so sucked into them that i dissociate and crash into things

Lol I listened to Elseq on my first trip in my car after passing my test (I was a late bloomer).

Very bad idea.