Sign in to follow this  
Guest we_kill_soapscum

I Forgot About Billious Paths

take them panties off

put them panties on

i had a crazy idea to play that loop to some girl on my bus ride a few years ago. i'd see her everyday on the bus. good thing i didn't but i ... can imagine, the lols and then the slap across the face.

Guest yikes

i lovemike's work but this cd leaves me a bit cold

can't really love it

its ok but not demanding of my attention because of the nails on the blackboard harshness?

i loved this album. there are a couple of really exceptional songs on here. like really twisted/fucked up and enjoyable at the same time. i dont really see the vsnares connection tbh. but yes, underrated album.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

meinheld is still hecka epic.

If you hate on µ, remember Expert Know Twiddlers. If you hate on that too, die.

Guest tekkeN

wasn't so keen at first but really like Bilous Paths, great album

but for his output with a sort-of similar sound think Hard Love has to be his best

Guest tekkeN

there are some moments of beauty in Bilious Paths as well, Fall of Antioch, and some tracks which start off a bit flat develop into something very interesting to the ears

there are some moments of beauty in Bilious Paths as well, Fall of Antioch, and some tracks which start off a bit flat develop into something very interesting to the ears

yep, these are my thoughts too. just listened again for the first time in uh, 7 years i think? great album and the only breakcore-related stuff i can listen to without cringing..

bilious paths was a direct attempt at copying snares and failing

Actually he credits Aaron in the insert on the album. Also I'm pretty sure Midwinter Log on lunatic harness predates most of funks releases making Mike the first person to use that style.. I don't know..

Actually he credits Aaron in the insert on the album. Also I'm pretty sure Midwinter Log on lunatic harness predates most of funks releases making Mike the first person to use that style.. I don't know..

At least, predates Funks work that actually made it to release.

not really interesting enough for its own topic but I thought I'd mention how Mike/Aaron must trade samples back and forth because definitely - *bleep-bleep-bleep* sound on Grape Nut Beats 2 + Aanguish from Meathole, and speculation - Meinheld has the choir sample from/direct rip of? Suffocate from WITBOAS

also various jamaican people vocals

Edited by Ragnar

Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks was released 3 years before Bilious Paths.

Snares was releasing at least as early as '99 cause that's when his split with Stunt Rock came out.

not really interesting enough for its own topic but I thought I'd mention how Mike/Aaron must trade samples back and forth because definitely - *bleep-bleep-bleep* sound on Grape Nut Beats 2 + Aanguish from Meathole, and speculation - Meinheld has the choir sample from/direct rip of? Suffocate from WITBOAS

they definitely share samples, and they also shared with Keith Fullerton Whitman, because I remember getting Grape Nut Beats Pt.1 from KFW's hotline server and being surprised cause it was a remix of Witch Hunt.

Kid Spatula - Full Sunken Breaks was released 3 years before Bilious Paths.

Snares was releasing at least as early as '99 cause that's when his split with Stunt Rock came out.

they definitely share samples, and they also shared with Keith Fullerton Whitman, because I remember getting Grape Nut Beats Pt.1 from KFW's hotline server and being surprised cause it was a remix of Witch Hunt.

Yes. =)

I love this album, it's amazing. It's not quite like anything else I've heard before. I think it's his best album. It's the sound of pineapples mixed with Twisted Metal.

The sound design is just hard to describe. It has boundless energy, it's itchy, tetchy. All his music is kind of straight forward and soft (but lush), whereas this is a genuine deviation into more weird antagonistic territory. I think it'll remain fresh for me years from now. I think it's a minor masterpiece of sorts, and definitely underrated. It's better than most Venetian Snares albums.

I love this album, it's amazing. It's not quite like anything else I've heard before. I think it's his best album. It's the sound of pineapples mixed with Twisted Metal.

The sound design is just hard to describe. It has boundless energy, it's itchy, tetchy. All his music is kind of straight forward and soft (but lush), whereas this is a genuine deviation into more weird antagonistic territory. I think it'll remain fresh for me years from now. I think it's a minor masterpiece of sorts, and definitely underrated. It's better than most Venetian Snares albums.

interestingly enough it says on the insert that a special thanks goes to aaron funk for all his help with the album.

Necroing this post because I just randomly saw this album pop up in my library and it's better than I remember. It actually aged really well.

siege of antioch is one of my fav tracks ever... tru dustbin-core

edit:

recently re-listened to bilious paths, I rarely see these two tracks mentioned, love 'em! thanks mike!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKWJTA4Wr2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lp4YTkir78

Edited by MIXL2