IGNORED

The Ace Of Clubs - Benefist

Velazquez

Oops I see said the blind man to the deaf man

₤10 for 3 tracks?

I don't thinks that's the whole tracklisting... I checked on the Yoseph page and it only had 3 tracks posted.

i was hoping this would actually sound like the first ace of clubs which was viberts take on classic hardcore stuff. This is just straight up Yoseph. Choose your monikers appropriately mother fucker!

Choose your monikers appropriately mother fucker!

This is his first release on firstcask though innit? Maybe he thought it easier to use an obscure but already existing pseudonym than create yet another.

This is his first release on firstcask though innit? Maybe he thought it easier to use an obscure but already existing pseudonym than create yet another.

but the name Ace of clubs evokes that hardcore sound for me, its the biggest cock tease of all time. at least he calls it an acid release. i guess im just not a fan of vibert's acid stuff. i find his take on acid less interesting than most of his pals (ceephax, cylob, squarepusher or aphex). i think its those weird 7th chord synth stabs he uses a lot on his acid stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

but the name Ace of clubs evokes that hardcore sound for me, its the biggest cock tease of all time. at least he calls it an acid release. i guess im just not a fan of vibert's acid stuff. i find his take on acid less interesting than most of his pals (ceephax, cylob, squarepusher or aphex). i think its those weird 7th chord synth stabs he uses a lot on his acid stuff.

Are you sure you listenend to the first Ace of Clubs and not something else? Classid was nothing more than taking samples/breaks from popular club tracks and laying acid lines on top of them.

• 6 years later...

um, the first ace of clubs is not hardcore.

Just following up, I was wrong about this. Breakbeat hardcore, not hardcore techno.

Anyway, I was listening to Benefist just the other day. Cool album, but I sort of think it is mastered too loud. Same with the "remastered" version of DnB for Papa that was on Blerp around this same time, etc. Kind of a bummer, I might go back to my Nothing records copy of that album…

Archived