IGNORED

Subtle Ray

foresense

Here's something I'm currently working on. I went a little crazy with the production and it's only halfway through just yet. I need some outside critics because I'm a little stuck. Where should this go? Work more on the drums or more on the melodic shit? Something else??

http://forlon.net/music/workinprogress/for...unfinished1.mp3

Guest Mrs Jynx

Really like this when all the melodic layers start to come in - all really interesting lines. Drums are ace - subtle and give the track good flow. All the elements are clear and work really well together. Quite dark in places too which I like. :wink:

I have to admit I don't really like your drum n' bass kinda stuff as much as your more downtempo tracks... but this is pretty sweet. It starts off kinda 'ah yeah' then gets like 'this is nice' and by the time it's at it's peak it's like 'wow this is pretty damn sweet!' I kinda like songs like that... that just get better and better as they go along. The melody at the end is really really pretty.

Nice crisp sounds as usual too.

Guest Chimp Logic

Wasn't sure where this track was going to go at first...but then you drop the arpeg and melodic material over the burning beats...very tasty.

This has a very sexy-sinister vibe to it. That main melody line kills. Tres cool.

In all you kept this track very interesting throughout which makes for an enjoyable ride. Thanks for sharing!

Peace

Guest androne

I liked it, the end is nice. overall it seems to have a fantasy film type of theme to it, but thats just my perspective at the moment. sounds good.

nice, wide sound. in the outro i felt like the beat was going to come back in, probably because it would on most d'n'b tracks (and then go on for another 4 minutes). i reckon this could be about 5 minutes long though.

The beats are my favourite part in this track so far. They rock very nicely! Not totally sure about the musical side of it I think it works but I don't know whether I'm 100% feeling it yet - tis still nice. I get the feeling just on first listen that I'd like a bit more from the musical side of things. Beats rock nicely though. I would certainly boogie to this in a club. There was one note earlier on which needs correcting because its blantantly off key. I'd agree with the others about it being quite dark. Yeah I think come 2 mins it needs some more musical layers maybe to just get that build feeling going.

Pff yeah man, that's difficult. I think I need to get a little more into the software side of things before I dare go deeper into this track, I'm having difficulties with mixing the whole thing. Thanks a lot for the comment :grin:

Oh the off-key thing is deliberate, but I don't think I worked it through enough.

• 4 weeks later...

i quite enjoyed it. the drums at the beginning - first minute - i think really set a nice mood. a very nice mood. great drum/ melody separation. when you cut the drums man oh man.the arpeg is pretty cool as are the held notes after that small section ends. then the breakdown. this is where the song loses some steam for me. when you bring it back you dont bring it back bigger than you brought it in in the first place. i would use that main D#/D/G riff in the breakdown. then bring in similar beats like at the start. with the cuts. then break the rest until the cool down.

ha what do i know.

great stuff though.

liking this at first listen

brought a smile to my face which is always a good sign

nice beats but i also like the last minute of the track when the beats go away

good work as usual man

thanks for the track forlorn! i liked it quite a lot.

the melodic side was lovely (that off-key note was a nice detail, hehe) but i really liked the beats too.. it all worked together nicely.. great flow.. it kinda reminded me of squarepusher's square window EP.. but with this weird sentimental mood...

meer van dit soort shit graag! :grin:

Archived