IGNORED

New RDJ EP

Guest Retrig

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest griever

i would say: with a chance of 90% it's richard...

the first track, well, we know from his live sets... the second one contains samples from "taking control" and... yes, the bassline is from "bwoon dub", you're right!

track number 3 is my favourite at the moment. in my opinion, the style of the sound and the melody is typically aphexish ^^!

would be nice to hear the whole thing...

the first track, well, we know from his live sets... the second one contains samples from "taking control" and... yes, the bassline is from "bwoon dub", you're right!

track number 3 is my favourite at the moment. in my opinion, the style of the sound and the melody is typically aphexish ^^!

one thing very uncharacteristic of RDJ is the use of the delays on track 2 & 3this is the main thing that makes me doubt its authenticity.

Guest griever

mmm i'll listen to it one more time...

no i don't think it's not typical for him. btw i can just hear a reeverb in both tracks, many of the analord tracks have this one. and, why shouldn't he try out something new, if his style is recognized :smile: ?

so is it just me or is this guy who made this thread doing some obvious guerilla marketing for rephlex?

Hmm, find the original thread... was he really called "The Tuss"?

one thing very uncharacteristic of RDJ is the use of the delays on track 2 & 3this is the main thing that makes me doubt its authenticity.

Yes, I completely agree - Edit: and you didn't forget the taking control sample. It's that "snow sequence" thing... I'm being more persuaded that it's authentic. Aphex or not I'm ordering both CD and 12" I think - just in case and also I like the tracks

Guest analogue wings
"Confederation Trough" contains a lot of interesting matches... it's got "Richard", "Tune" and "Tone" in at the same time with some leftovers... could be a coincidence though.

Tongue Tone of Richard???

. btw i can just hear a reeverb in both tracks, many of the analord tracks have this one. and,

you need to relisten because in the 2nd track there is a very distinct bpm activiated delay going on , something he hasnt used since the SAW II days.

Guest analogue wings

Yes, I completely agree - Edit: and you didn't forget the taking control sample. It's that "snow sequence" thing... I'm being more persuaded that it's authentic. Aphex or not I'm ordering both CD and 12" I think - just in case and also I like the tracks

That is fucking silly. You're saying it's not Aphex because it contains an effect you haven't heard on an Aphex record before. Even though Aphex compulsively collects obscure old gear.

this Toughened Fornicator EP doesn't really sound that exciting to me, afx or not (it does have those panting-sample fuckery bits like in taking control tho)

synths in the 3rd sample are decent

That's not a "panting sample", that's a filtered hihat :)

These tracks are 100% analogue, guar-ron-tee.

track 1 has those same 'stab sounds' as in Backdoor.Berbew.Q on Analord 8

it's later in the track. can't hear it in the boomkat clip

Guest we_kill_soapscum
afx + luke vibert = tuss

sounds possible

'oy. luke. put down the bong, lets make three tracks and press em up and market them real quiet like. we'll register with watmm and post and the $ will come rollin in, innit?!'

Guest analogue wings
to be honest, that reverb on track 3 doesn't sound like one anybody who knew what they're doing would use. it sounds like he used a "dry studio" preset on a cheap reverb vst

And you can tell that from an mp3.

track 1 has those same 'stab sounds' as in Backdoor.Berbew.Q on Analord 8

it's later in the track. can't hear it in the boomkat clip

Right. And the longer samples are where?

Guest analogue wings
afx + luke vibert = tuss

sounds possible

'oy. luke. put down the bong, lets make three tracks and press em up and market them real quiet like. we'll register with watmm and post and the $ will come rollin in, innit?!'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam%27s_Razor

couldnt some of you make ought like

this? i dont really like it all that much.

Yes, but we'd have a hard time getting it released on Rephlex

Guest Retrig

Hiya WATMM, long time troller, first time poster here.

afx + luke vibert = tuss

sounds possible

lol, too funny. Nah, I am not associated with Rephlex or RDJ ;) Just a huge 12+ year fan. My only claim to fame was originally uploading the "crappy" track from the 107.7 The End interview when Richard played here in Seattle around the Come to Daddy release. What was the name of the really popular aphex ftp site back then? I forget. aphex.no?

And AW:

A longer mp3 of track 1 is here: Click. It's the snowsequence one.

Guest analogue wings
to be honest, that reverb on track 3 doesn't sound like one anybody who knew what they're doing would use. it sounds like he used a "dry studio" preset on a cheap reverb vst

And you can tell that from an mp3.

LOL, quite easily. mp3 compression does not change timing values or time response. its incredibly easy to tell. compressing something to mp3 doesn't magically make the reverb sound vastly different.

Download "Do It Again" by the Beach Boys, and then come back here and tell me that someone who uses early reflection doesn't know what they are doing.

Guest analogue wings

OK, we'll start believing people with 64 posts instead.

We definitely know YOU are not Aphex, because creative people don't go around labelling any reverb sound they didn't see in "VSTs for Dummies" as "wrong".

Guest analogue wings

Yep, ok. If he did something you didn't expect, it can't possibly be him.

I shall email him and tell him to use better "presets" on his "VSTs". LOL.

Archived