IGNORED

New RDJ EP

Guest Retrig

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i still don't believe syntheme's global goon for a number of reasons. i think that thread about paying someone to perform was just a bit of a piss take...

the only reason is really that when I met "syntheme" at I Love Acid and went up to her and said "hello, I'm BCM", her reaction was very genuine - she went "BCM!!" (instantly recognising the name) looked really pleased and gave me a big hug (even though I was very sweaty from raving). So if it was a fake that would mean Global Goon would have had to have "briefed" her on who she might meet and get her to act all surprised and pleased to see you etc etc... how would he know who was going to be there? he'd have to say "OK, you might meet....BCM, GI Raffe, Iain C, LUDD etc.." it's just not practical. And I thought Mr Goon was a bit hard up hence the move away from music - how would he afford $400 an hour when he could just turn up himself and play and keep all the money. And why WOULD he want a fake to perform his music??? He's surely want to do it himself and maybe make some kind of come back (as it were). and, oh i duuno, the music just sounds feminine to me and it's just a bit far fetched to think of Goon employing someone to pretend to be someone else and all that - i just don't think it'd happen...

Guest analogue wings
i still don't believe syntheme's global goon for a number of reasons. i think that thread about paying someone to perform was just a bit of a piss take...

the only reason is really that when I met "syntheme" at I Love Acid and went up to her and said "hello, I'm BCM", her reaction was very genuine - she went "BCM!!" (instantly recognising the name) looked really pleased and gave me a big hug (even though I was very sweaty from raving). So if it was a fake that would mean Global Goon would have had to have "briefed" her on who she might meet and get her to act all surprised and pleased to see you etc etc... how would he know who was going to be there? he'd have to say "OK, you might meet....BCM, GI Raffe, Iain C, LUDD etc.." it's just not practical. And I thought Mr Goon was a bit hard up hence the move away from music - how would he afford $400 an hour when he could just turn up himself and play and keep all the money. And why WOULD he want a fake to perform his music??? He's surely want to do it himself and maybe make some kind of come back (as it were). and, oh i duuno, the music just sounds feminine to me and it's just a bit far fetched to think of Goon employing someone to pretend to be someone else and all that - i just don't think it'd happen...

Or the fake Synthme could have been recruited via that thread and therefore familiar with WATTM regulars :pinch:

yeah, but it's all just too far fetched and not the kind of thing someone would really do - there's way too many things that could go wrong... honestly, it's not global goon. i mean come on, think about it - recruiting somebody from a messageboard to pretend to be someone they're not... it's just silly... nobody'd really do that. people around here just love conspiracy theories that's all. why can't syntheme just be this girl from brighton who makes acid? why does it have to be a "somebody"?? the music doesn't sound remotely like global goon either - you heard his latest stuff??

yeah, but it's all just too far fetched and not the kind of thing someone would really do - there's way too many things that could go wrong... honestly, it's not global goon. i mean come on, think about it - recruiting somebody from a messageboard to pretend to be someone they're not... it's just silly... nobody'd really do that. people around here just love conspiracy theories that's all. why can't syntheme just be this girl from brighton who makes acid? why does it have to be a "somebody"?? the music doesn't sound remotely like global goon either - you heard his latest stuff??

is she really from brighton cause in the photos from iloveacid she looks really familiar

Latest word is boys and girls is there is going to be an exclusive Tuss track on the upcoming Future Music Demo CD that comes with the magazine called "Harsmallow". You heard it here first!

UPDATE: Turns out my informant was dead wrong - the track on the Future Music CD is a track BY Harshmallow called "In Transition". Nothing to do with Aphex, sorry about that. I'll check things out a bit more before I post so quickly.

Guest analogue wings

I was just going to say you can hear a voice at the start of the third clip, but I think Jrs news is better

According to CMA she didn't even approach him or pretend to recognize him even though she praises his tracks endlessly in YLC. Not to mention Chris dug up a myspace profile of a house promoter in Weymouth named Lou who bears a striking resemblance to "Syntheme" (including the same pink dye-job in exactly the same patch).

yeah - lou and syntheme are the same person - both been my "friend" on there for a while. she doesn't pretend to be someone different - it says "hello, I'm Lou and I make stuff ---->" and next to that is a link to syntheme.com.

and she didn't approach me either - i went up to her when she was doing her set. she probably wouldn't know anyone by their face.....or maybe she was just shy....

EDIT: I thought she was from Brighton for some reason....i'm sure it says something about Brighton on Lou's profile.....could be wrong....

And yet she doesn't refute it in here, or in the PM I sent, or anywhere else.

And why would anyone make a thread asking people to pretend to be them otherwise? Goon has always been a bit of a prankster...

Also some of the earlier Syntheme posts were just... bizarre, like someone getting into character.

does anyone know how many CDs/12" are to be released?

Yes this is my first post, but I am in no way a "greenie".

I've been reading these posts for years and used to be a member waay back, but I think that was when my email address was bigdork@stupid.com (I lost that when they wanted to charge me, so take it and spam it).

anyway I lost my login info and stopped posting.

Joyrex,

what month is the Future Music track happening?

btw

I ordered the 12" on the first day and just checked back to hear the whole track/format debacle. This means I'll have to pay double postage now cuz my order is dispatched. boner.

for 1 track. if the cds are released in stores, I'll pick one up, then.

I ordered the cd :wink:

Are you perhaps implying that the CD version will carry the vinyl-only track?

I think it might be this month's Future Music, but I haven't dug any further to confirm.

See my original post about this - the FM track is NOT The Tuss at all.

And yet she doesn't refute it in here, or in the PM I sent, or anywhere else.

And why would anyone make a thread asking people to pretend to be them otherwise? Goon has always been a bit of a prankster...

Also some of the earlier Syntheme posts were just... bizarre, like someone getting into character.

oh, i dunno.....maybe it is goon. fuck it eh?

if you put in The Tuss in Wikipedia, it redirects to the Aphex page.

that means nothing, a redirect like that can be made by anyone in a matter of minutes.

yeah, twas a good set and i was dancing lots. lou had an entourage of young ladies all around the DJ booth and i had to ask them if i could say hello to syntheme. :embrassed:

if you put in The Tuss in Wikipedia, it redirects to the Aphex page.

that means nothing, a redirect like that can be made by anyone in a matter of minutes.

yeah, i know, just thought i'd mention it....

Apparently it's the May 2007 issue - here's a direct link to order it if you wish:

http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/stor...65350@889795191

NOTE: I have not yet confirmed that this track is indeed on this issue - my informant simply said "this month's issue", so it could possibly be the April 2007 issue, although there is no mention of it on the futuremusic website. I'd play it safe and order both April and May if you really want to make sure you get it. Might be cheaper to get it from your local newsagent though.

See my original post - big mistake, the track is not by The Tuss/Richard at all...

Archived