New RDJ EP

Guest Retrig

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Lanner
CAT 189 LP/CD The Tuss "Rushup Edge"

???

Its now listed on the Rephlex site. Rushup Edge is a place in Derbyshire where people walk....

No, this is the new Aphex release for this year. I wasn't aware of the EP, nor was I aware of a new alias, but this LP was obviously the one mentioned. I think this may further confirm that Richard's contract with WARP is indeed over and he plans on releasing his material on Rephlex from now on...

???

Its now listed on the Rephlex site. Rushup Edge is a place in Derbyshire where people walk....

Lanner is also a village in Cornwall in the Kerrier District - coincidence? Perhaps not...

Guest mystery user

???

Lanner is also a village in Cornwall in the Kerrier District - coincidence? Perhaps not...

maybe due to the fact luke and rich grew up there

Guest Facie Jones

Has anyone re-listened to that Luke Vibert 'Yoseph' album in regards to the The Tuss? Some things are very close. That rhythym and stale soloing on the first track are similar to 'gx1 solo' and 'akunk', those Tuss filler tracks. Also, 'alspacka' finishes using drum parts that sound a little Viberty.

I'm thinking these are AFX remixes of Vibert tracks or structures. Prompted by the Future Music contest incident (maybe one of these songs is the entry?) and fitting within AFX releasing remixes without formally crediting the original source.

No, this is the new Aphex release for this year. I wasn't aware of the EP, nor was I aware of a new alias, but this LP was obviously the one mentioned. I think this may further confirm that Richard's contract with WARP is indeed over and he plans on releasing his material on Rephlex from now on...

god damn i am dying to hear this full LP. this is leaps and bounds more advanced sounding than analord i cannot fucking wait!!!!

Guest AlexPallas
Has anyone re-listened to that Luke Vibert 'Yoseph' album in regards to the The Tuss? Some things are very close. That rhythym and stale soloing on the first track are similar to 'gx1 solo' and 'akunk', those Tuss filler tracks. Also, 'alspacka' finishes using drum parts that sound a little Viberty.

I'm thinking these are AFX remixes of Vibert tracks or structures. Prompted by the Future Music contest incident (maybe one of these songs is the entry?) and fitting within AFX releasing remixes without formally crediting the original source.

the luke vibert collab was proposed by me on page 1 or 2.

i also think some tracks sound more like a collab especially the vinyl extra track which would also explain the new alias and the mystery about the hole thing

Archived