IGNORED

New RDJ EP

Guest Retrig

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest psy-sci

i like the EP

I was convinced it was rdj when i heard it.

i didnt like gx1 the first time i heard it but it really grew on me.

I dunno if its all the hype but i think its really quality stuff.

I am still curious to know why it sounds a bit like vibert.

it would be awesome if they collabed however that aphex + vibert liveset I heard a while back didnt really impress me at all.

i doubt id be dissappointed by a collab by the two though considering they are both pretty excellent producers

Guest analogue wings
i like the EP

I was convinced it was rdj when i heard it.

i didnt like gx1 the first time i heard it but it really grew on me.

I dunno if its all the hype but i think its really quality stuff.

I am still curious to know why it sounds a bit like vibert.

it would be awesome if they collabed however that aphex + vibert liveset I heard a while back didnt really impress me at all.

i doubt id be dissappointed by a collab by the two though considering they are both pretty excellent producers

What hype? It just appeared out of nowhere!

Collabos never sound like the combined power of two artists at the top of their game - they tend to sound like two guys having a relaxed jam.

Electronic musos are basically loners, who aren't about to admit other people into their private creative processes. Rich isn't about to ask Vibert to hang around all day while he painstakingly hooks up and tweaks a room full of CV sequencers overheating seventies synths and reel to reel tape recorders, all the while expecting Vibert to contribute to this process somewhow via his MacBook.

I have watched Aphex and Vibert do a show together and they literally jammed on their respective portable boxes while passing a blunt and having a good time.

Guest psy-sci

i mean the hype since its release, on here

i see what your saying about collabs i agree. I just think you are overgeneralizing.

it sounds like you are saying rdj is too cool to collab or like they dont really want to do that sorta thing.

Im aware that emusicians are loners for the most part but i think its possible to collab on something for enjoyment.

For myself I enjoy collabing with the right people. Otherwise I feel like im compromising too much.

i think you speak about rdj and vibert like they arern't versatile enough to be able to pull it off. And if you are saying that its kind of an insult to immediately discount the idea that rdj and vibert can make a great release together.

I have seen two artists collab at the top of their game. The Residents and Renaldo and the Loaf - Title in Limbo

Many people will tell you that this is their favorite residents album. Of course its all a matter of opinion and anyone who likes the residents prolly isnt right in the head. That includes me :)

Guest AlexPallas

the reason i proposed the collaboration is that it isnt as cohesive as an afx release, but has a lot of his style and a lot of vibert's style too. remember mike & rich? i love that album, but then again its not "and our powers combine" a u-ziq track on top of a rdj track that has so much multilayers and beautifullness going on that my head explodes and i cum on command.

ThePlaneteers.JPG

Guest Glass Plate

yeah, you can really hear major Vibert flares, there are some parts were it's like exact vibert 303 lines I swear I've heard before.

hmm hmm interesting, i've listened once last night through the entire 4 tracks and (before reading this thread) i thought... the full tracks sound much more vibert than afx... and now i read the recent posts and it looks this is the general opinion now :)

still we have to keep in mind that it's possible it's a brand new guy, heavily influenced by afx and vibert.

Guest analogue wings
still we have to keep in mind that it's possible it's a brand new guy, heavily influenced by afx and vibert.

...and published by Chrysalis :rolleyes:

fucking brilliant. i'm still waiting to get my EP from boomkat though - they supposedly sent it out on friday.... fuck knows where it's got to...

Guest Quosp

The way 'Alspacka' progresses sounds exactly like some of the analord tracks, and it's brilliant. Not to mention that the melodies sound very afxy, so yeah it's him.

Can't wait for the LP now!

Guest AlexPallas
if you type in wikipedia "the tuss", it goes straight to Richard's page.. im not saying wiki is always right though

i should change it so it redirects to moby. that would be a lol.

No, this is the new Aphex release for this year. I wasn't aware of the EP, nor was I aware of a new alias, but this LP was obviously the one mentioned. I think this may further confirm that Richard's contract with WARP is indeed over and he plans on releasing his material on Rephlex from now on...

how do you know that this is the 'new aphex' as the rumour has been saying - why is it obvious that this is the one mentioned?

aphex or not, i'm really looking forward to it... an albums worth of this material would be awesome... not to mention the promising album title?

Well, my sources mentioned a new release from Richard (note not a release from Aphex, AFX, etc.), and made little mention of WARP, and while I've gotten no confirmation that Richard indeed has met his WARP contract, I think Analord and now The Tuss are clear examples that he's focusing on his label now as a release by him can really bring in the cash and allow them to release more music by other artists.

Also, the original rumour was the new release was going to come out this summer, possibly in April - when did the Tuss EP come out? 30 April. Expect the LP probably by August or sooner I reckon (no official word, but typically they'll strike while the iron is hot).

listen to that detuned chord line in track 3 that fades in over the acid, no one else ever sounds like that, it actually sounds like a sample of his own voice padded over an Andromeda A6

Archived