IGNORED

New RDJ EP

Guest Retrig

Guest Glass Plate

well, I thought the reverb sounded pretty dope in some of it, felt like you could lean in and touch the hardware at some moments.

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings
well, I thought the reverb sounded pretty dope in some of it, felt like you could lean in and touch the hardware at some moments.

It's a VST preset you fkng n00b. Jeez.

Guest transfer
wicked!

sample #1 i've heard in that snowbombing set... always REALLY liked that one. it's those claps i think - sounds like someone playing patty-cake or something.

the other two i'm not so sure about just being short samples though.

#1 certainly sounds a bit aphexy to me... but i'm not sure really.

Your patty-cake idea really hits it on the head.........good thought. Fenix Funk 5 has that "patty-cake" thing to it, as well.

OK, we'll start believing people with 64 posts instead.

We definitely know YOU are not Aphex, because creative people don't go around labelling any reverb sound they didn't see in "VSTs for Dummies" as "wrong".

i didnt mean to start a flame war, all i was pointing out is that aphex (solo, this could be a collaboration) would not likely use an effect that heavy handedly. The effect doesnt sound like a vst preset to me, it just sounds like someone using a delay box on too many layers.

those hand claps and that break beat on the first track are very characteristic aphex twin.

I have a feeling this is going to universal indicator all over again where for years people argue about if its aphex or not. I doubt they will actually reveal who made this. The seeds for the rumour mill were planted by someone with a 1 post count early this morning. probably not a coincidence.

Guest analogue wings
i didnt mean to start a flame war, all i was pointing out is that aphex (solo, this could be a collaboration) would not likely use an effect that heavy handedly. The effect doesnt sound like a vst preset to me, it just sounds like someone using a delay box on too many layers.

I have a feeling that track will sound fucking dope in full hi fi glory. It's almost certainly a BBD delay, possibly a BBD "reverb" like Kokoon is building, maybe a BBD module or MF-104 set to a low repeat time.

I have a feeling that track will sound fucking dope in full hi fi glory. It's almost certainly a BBD delay, possibly a BBD "reverb" like Kokoon is building, maybe a BBD module or MF-104 set to a low repeat time.

it could be any type of delay. i have a bbd module on my doepfer and it sounds nothing like this imo.

to be honest, that reverb on track 3 doesn't sound like one anybody who knew what they're doing would use. it sounds like he used a "dry studio" preset on a cheap reverb vst

And you can tell that from an mp3.

track 1 has those same 'stab sounds' as in Backdoor.Berbew.Q on Analord 8

it's later in the track. can't hear it in the boomkat clip

Right. And the longer samples are where?

http://002q.com/various/snowsequence.mp3

I run a small home recording studio, and also offer mixing and light mastering services. I know my verb and im not an idiot. it makes the song sound silly. its like using synth presets found in fruityloops. nothing to do with creativity, it just wreaks of bad judgment, which rdj has shown not to have. IM sure he would use epic sounding reverb and delays through his whole career and then go and use a preset making it sound like it was recorded in a bedroom

hahahahaha. what makes you think this sounds nothing like rdj? have you heard analords? have you heard bummy? have you heard the flow coma remix? have you heard the luke vibert mix?

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD
afx + luke vibert = tuss

i got that notion quite immediately, just kind of looking at the EP on the web page. why? i dunno. vibert has that (robo)tuss thing going in the kerrier district. photo does look afx. general analord impression and taste. and i hadn't even listened to them yet. this probably means i am completely wrong, but... a quick listen does not disagree.

Hiya WATMM, long time troller, first time poster here.

afx + luke vibert = tuss

sounds possible

'oy. luke. put down the bong, lets make three tracks and press em up and market them real quiet like. we'll register with watmm and post and the $ will come rollin in, innit?!'

lol, too funny. Nah, I am not associated with Rephlex or RDJ ;) Just a huge 12+ year fan. My only claim to fame was originally uploading the "crappy" track from the 107.7 The End interview when Richard played here in Seattle around the Come to Daddy release. What was the name of the really popular aphex ftp site back then? I forget. aphex.no?

And AW:

A longer mp3 of track 1 is here: Click. It's the snowsequence one.

yes, it is... i am happy to see it (or a remix?![interrobang]) released. there are a lot of funny chaps showing up in this thread. a high density of aphex forum local loonies i suppose you could put it??

http://forum.watmm.com/index.php?showtopic=9674 this thread could use a troll

It's a VST preset you fkng n00b. Jeez.

in this EP, master analoguists have painfully recreated the sound of computer "VST" presets using hardware...

seriously, boys, do we have to fight over reverb in every thread? take it to ekt.

Guest analogue wings

Those phunky philtered drums and claps have got me thinking about this puppy again. Someone said it was Ovuca, but they iz a liars. It is teh phex.

Guest nerojones

one thing very uncharacteristic of RDJ is the use of the delays on track 2 & 3this is the main thing that makes me doubt its authenticity.

Yes, I completely agree - Edit: and you didn't forget the taking control sample. It's that "snow sequence" thing... I'm being more persuaded that it's authentic. Aphex or not I'm ordering both CD and 12" I think - just in case and also I like the tracks

That is fucking silly. You're saying it's not Aphex because it contains an effect you haven't heard on an Aphex record before. Even though Aphex compulsively collects obscure old gear.

this Toughened Fornicator EP doesn't really sound that exciting to me, afx or not (it does have those panting-sample fuckery bits like in taking control tho)

synths in the 3rd sample are decent

That's not a "panting sample", that's a filtered hihat :)

These tracks are 100% analogue, guar-ron-tee.

listened to track 2 atleast 10 times. that's definitely a "panting" sample. sorry to rain and your parade, be a naysayer and all. either way. why does everything richard does these days have to be classified as COMPLETELY analogue? you haven't personally witnessed him recording anything. you bastards need to stop making assumptions about these very trivial things just because you're sure of yourself and your perceptions. how about we just enjoy it for what it is and stop discussing how it was recorded and what made the sounds and how any of that crap even matters.

Guest Morgan Dunn

if he's releasing stuff online all bootleggy and ambiguousy i honestly don't care. you can drive yourself crazy trying to say 'oh aphex would use THIS reverb in THAT way and therefore etc.', but you'll never really know.

sort of funny and sad at the same time.

im waiting for the day when aphex twin releases a list of all his 'real' songs and people are running through it like 'oh i have this one i knew ahead of time how delightful YAY!' and so forth.

listening more, the panting is richard I have put it thru a analizer and also interviews with richard and they match! also without all the analizing it just sounds like Richards mouth......

it sounds like richard string sounds wobbly strings

it sounds like he records his synths with a mic from speakers to give you the room reverb

the claps are mac clicks

and the fennix is so obvious....

I bought it cause if you know you know

i want to know when hes releasing
this

never

This'll be the biggest selling "debut" ever on Boomkat LOLZ

fans don't buy, they steal

btw warp just confirmed that it's not afx

http://warprecords.com/mart/music/release.php?cat=CAT190

ha ha then it isnt.....well it is

Guest nene multiple assgasms

these clips sound awesomer than a fart. I don't care who it is, I'm gettin' it.

I've gotten unofficial confirmation that this release is indeed Richard's work. Not sure if it's a collab or what, but pretty much 'those in the know' have said it has Richard written all over it.

Either way, it's good music, and worth a purchase. That should be enough for most people, and any true music fan. Just like if Richard released total shite *cough*Smojphace*cough*, true music fans would ignore it as it being poor, unless they were a collector as well.

Guest AlexPallas
I've gotten unofficial confirmation that this release is indeed Richard's work. Not sure if it's a collab or what, but pretty much 'those in the know' have said it has Richard written all over it.

its a collab with vibert, i'm confirming it.

Either way, it's good music, and worth a purchase. That should be enough for most people, and any true music fan. Just like if Richard released total shite *cough*Smojphace*cough*, true music fans would ignore it as it being poor, unless they were a collector as well.

some of us actually listen to noise you know.

Archived