Luke Vibert Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest AlexPallas

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

http://forum.watmm.com/files/file/1546-luke-vibert-2003-09-20-crotiamp3/

i dont think this is luke vibert... heard the exact same mix years ago on myspace. it was by a croatian producer called "qwerty", he didnt seem like a fake ^^

Strange... Haven't heard this but skimming through the set you can hear a lot of trademark Vibert tracks and sample bits, but there's definitely something off. I'll just add the info to the file about it being fake. Thanks for the correction :)!

Also, yeah that Blade Runner track! :music:

New in depth interview on RA:

http://www.residentadvisor.net/feature.aspx?2457

He (Aphex) wound up everyone who was there with a mentally hardcore set, and I had to go on at 10:30 and play funk. People were chanting, "Fuck off! This is shit." That was the worst set of my life, a whole group of people chanting: "Fuck off Wagon Christ, we want Aphex Twin." He stitched me right up.

Have you ever been to one of Bangface's infamous Chalet 303 raves?

I don't think so—I was in 909 this year, though. I thought it was 606. James Saint Acid gave me the key, really proud. I looked down and saw 606. Went to 606, didn't work, realised it was 909 and thought, even better.

haha. nice interview. thanks for posting!

Q: Since we're talking about Aphex, what can you say about his last album? Do you like it?
A: Yes, I really liked it. Aphex, though didn't played it for me before release, and for his other friends, too. I got the impression that he was ashamed to play it to someone. We used always to play the new songs to each other. It's hard to be Aphex twin, it's quite harder than to be a Luke Vibert. People always expect something incredible from Aphex Twin and for me they don't expect anything, and therefore I can do whatever I want. Aphex offered me record an album together, but I now refuse to because I'm afraid that he'll steal from me my ideas. Once we've worked together - for a track, and six months later, I heard this track, that i heard would go into the new Aphex twin album and authorship there stood only for Aphex; there was not a word about me and that's what I, in fact, wrote all the bass line and the drums. I was very angry, so I decided no longer work together. Although we are still good friends, of course.

I just asked AFX about this:

Me

Luke Vibert said in an interview that he doesn't collaborate with you anymore because you released a track that he did a bass line on without crediting him. Do you remember what track that was?

i asked him about that and he denied it, so either he was lying or journos talking crap,

either way it didnt happen.

Where there's a hit theres a writ !

Edited by DavieAddison

Q: Since we're talking about Aphex, what can you say about his last album? Do you like it?
A: Yes, I really liked it. Aphex, though didn't played it for me before release, and for his other friends, too. I got the impression that he was ashamed to play it to someone. We used always to play the new songs to each other. It's hard to be Aphex twin, it's quite harder than to be a Luke Vibert. People always expect something incredible from Aphex Twin and for me they don't expect anything, and therefore I can do whatever I want. Aphex offered me record an album together, but I now refuse to because I'm afraid that he'll steal from me my ideas. Once we've worked together - for a track, and six months later, I heard this track, that i heard would go into the new Aphex twin album and authorship there stood only for Aphex; there was not a word about me and that's what I, in fact, wrote all the bass line and the drums. I was very angry, so I decided no longer work together. Although we are still good friends, of course.

I just asked AFX about this:

Me

Luke Vibert said in an interview that he doesn't collaborate with you anymore because you released a track that he did a bass line on without crediting him. Do you remember what track that was?

i asked him about that and he denied it, so either he was lying or journos talking crap,

either way it didnt happen.

Where there's a hit theres a writ !

Thanks for asking! Could also be the possiblity that the translator was maybe a bit too loose in his translation. After all, his avatar is of a young Stalin, not really a trustworthy guy... :)

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Luke Vibert is doing his 3rd Guest Mix for The Penryn Space Agency Radio Show - tonight on Source 96.1FM, Falmouth Cornwall, UK 
The extended show starts at 22:00 GMT

#PSA053 

His previous mixes can be found in the archive (#PSA007 / #PSA039)
http://www.penrynspaceagency.com

• 1 year later...

I saw Luke Vibert and Squarepusher play in Chicago at the Empty Bottle in 02 (I think) and the night before u-ziq played with salvo beta and Mike Dykehouse. It was a Bilious Paths tour for Mike and Mike, and Luke Vibert had not yet came out with yoseph, but he did do a couple songs from it, which was a cool preview for us, when we really had no idea what the songs were. Anyways we recorded the whole thing, and the quality is pretty good. The squarepusher show in particular is filmed really cool, because the lighting kept forming silhouette images when he was doing solo bass stuff like his Herbie Hancock riffs and combined with the cigarette/weed smoke..... it’s pretty awesome. 

I have always debated uploading it somewhere, but was worried that I might get in trouble on YouTube, does anyone know if that’s a thing? Like, can it affect my channel or anything? It seems like it’s a unique event. It was really during an awesome time in idm, and I can’t remember any other time since then that something like that happened. Idk, let me know what u guys think.

Snagged this off the wall during the show. Also got a u-ziq one, but it’s in pretty bad shape and I was more into his earlier stuff than Bilious Paths, plus the artwork isn’t as cool.

2C774A46-1695-4C3E-BE78-6A4C79B53009.jpeg

Edited by Himelstein

On 3/13/2021 at 1:30 AM, Himelstein said:

I saw Luke Vibert and Squarepusher play in Chicago at the Empty Bottle in 02 (I think) and the night before u-ziq played with salvo beta and Mike Dykehouse. It was a Bilious Paths tour for Mike and Mike, and Luke Vibert had not yet came out with yoseph, but he did do a couple songs from it, which was a cool preview for us, when we really had no idea what the songs were. Anyways we recorded the whole thing, and the quality is pretty good. The squarepusher show in particular is filmed really cool, because the lighting kept forming silhouette images when he was doing solo bass stuff like his Herbie Hancock riffs and combined with the cigarette/weed smoke..... it’s pretty awesome. 

I have always debated uploading it somewhere, but was worried that I might get in trouble on YouTube, does anyone know if that’s a thing? Like, can it affect my channel or anything? It seems like it’s a unique event. It was really during an awesome time in idm, and I can’t remember any other time since then that something like that happened. Idk, let me know what u guys think.

Snagged this off the wall during the show. Also got a u-ziq one, but it’s in pretty bad shape and I was more into his earlier stuff than Bilious Paths, plus the artwork isn’t as cool.

2C774A46-1695-4C3E-BE78-6A4C79B53009.jpeg

I uploaded some stuff I recorded from a set a couple years back on YT - I had no issues or problems.  Whether you upload it to Youtube or not I'd love to hear the set.  I caught Luke and Squarepusher on that tour as well, in NYC.