IGNORED

elliott smith - new moon

Guest zaphod

lol. it's been very well-reviewed, i'll definitely be checking it out ... though i am vaguely embarrassed about liking elliott smith, only pierced indie girls seem to like elliott smith

Guest mooncup

i lost interst in smiths new material after only half liking figure8. was too produced or something i dunno, too many instruments. love his old work though and i hear this is more in that vein. woot

Elioot Smith... My neighbour is a big fan of him... (same haircut, same leather wrist bracelet, same voice when sings, only does eliott smith covers... he's a really good guitar player...)

Honestly I started to grow a certain anger for this guy (even if he's dead), and his songs...

I mean, I have nothing against him, but the people who listen to this music, shouldn't get too close to a knife or a cliff while doing it, or else they might have some weird ideas.....

is it true he stabbed himself to death IN THE HEART

that is pretty fucking hardcore if so

i always ignored him in the 90's. but i can't remember why - i dont remember ever hearing anything

anyway "we don't own it" from JOAN AS POLICEWOMAN'S excellent REAL LIFE LP (last years best album) is a tribute to Elliot Smith and seeing as I am in love with Joan Wasser, I figure i should check out Elliot Smith (especially if he really did stab himself to death IN THE HEART!!!)

where should i start?

wait ignore that

whats his first album called?

My neighbour told me he stabbed himself TWICE in his heart

(He's such a fan that he actually read the medical report of his death)

Are you sure you want to liten to this ? :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Guest zaphod

get either/or. it's definitely some sad, depressed music...and pbn's observation is actually pretty on the money...the only people i've met that listen to him are emo/indie girls who probably got into him after his death looking for some kind of dead prophet/boyfriend figure to project fantasies onto...just check his myspace for a number of depressing messages about "knowing" him in life and understanding his pain or whatever. i can't recommend his later albums for dreamworks, they're basically just beatles derivatives and i think his music is done a serious disservice with the heavy, lush orchestrations of xo or figure 8.

Archived