IGNORED

Brian Tregaskin Speaks!

gl0tch

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jase Space
firstly, as a published artist, you're not necessarioly limited to a single publisher, as you sign your works over on a track by track basis.

secondly it could easily be rich and any of his mates, or a first timer... no reason why chrysalis wouldn't publish something they felt would make them money by exploiting.

amni, you don't seem to know that much about publishing deals for someone that keeps bring up the point that this is PUBLISHED BY CHRYSALIS.

so what exactly?

Furthermore, it's also possible that Rich could have given Chrysalis the heads up on Brian Tregaskin. Lots of artists have good relations with their publishers, pass on info about other artists. No reason why RDJ couldn't have done so in this instance.

I don't know anymore and don't really care. The music is quality - isn't that what's really important? Would the fact that it was RDJ make it any better or worse? That's what I don't get. It's like people are waiting for it to be confirmed as the work of Aphex so they can truly enjoy it. Or vice versa. Cut out the wait - love it or hate it now. Formulate your own opinion as you would do with any other new artist.

firstly, as a published artist, you're not necessarioly limited to a single publisher, as you sign your works over on a track by track basis.

secondly it could easily be rich and any of his mates, or a first timer... no reason why chrysalis wouldn't publish something they felt would make them money by exploiting.

amni, you don't seem to know that much about publishing deals for someone that keeps bring up the point that this is PUBLISHED BY CHRYSALIS.

so what exactly?

Furthermore, it's also possible that Rich could have given Chrysalis the heads up on Brian Tregaskin. Lots of artists have good relations with their publishers, pass on info about other artists. No reason why RDJ couldn't have done so in this instance.

I don't know anymore and don't really care. The music is quality - isn't that what's really important? Would the fact that it was RDJ make it any better or worse? That's what I don't get. It's like people are waiting for it to be confirmed as the work of Aphex so they can truly enjoy it. Or vice versa. Cut out the wait - love it or hate it now. Formulate your own opinion as you would do with any other new artist.

ah! ah! impossible!! almost impossible!! brian is nobody else than richard! ah! ah! if rich read it he'll laught!! ah ah!!

Guest Lanner

I can't agree more..

ah! ah! impossible!! almost impossible!! brian is nobody else than richard! ah! ah! if rich read it he'll laught!! ah ah!!

you lost me at ah!

i dont think they wait so they can like it

its just the thing is aphex this special that you can guess him out of anything

and also its about making predictions of the quality of the upcomming release

if its confirmed that its aphex you expect a cerain quality out of the rushup edge release

whoever he is he's definitely using a chamber reverb or just a room mic recording on Akunk and Gx 1 solo

I'm sure it's a room recording on GX1 Solo - you can hear "Artist/s-Commonly-Thought-To-Be-RDJ-But-Might-Just-Not-Be" clicking the machine off right at the end. I would think the whole thing was recorded through the GX1 rig, which has its own speaker system. Judging by the sound, that's an amazing speaker system. Akunk, not sure - it sounds more synthetic to me, or maybe a combination.

These two are my pick of the bunch. Akunk in particular is stunning - starts off sounding to me something like Joe Zawinul riffing with Ron Geesin on a KPM album session. Then it dissolves into an Untilted-like dirge which is both edgy and serene, masterpiece afaic.

Looking forward to the forthcoming ACTTBRDJBMJNB album, for sure!

whoever he is he's definitely using a chamber reverb or just a room mic recording on Akunk and Gx 1 solo

I'm sure it's a room recording on GX1 Solo - you can hear "Artist/s-Commonly-Thought-To-Be-RDJ-But-Might-Just-Not-Be" clicking the machine off right at the end. I would think the whole thing was recorded through the GX1 rig, which has its own speaker system. Judging by the sound, that's an amazing speaker system. Akunk, not sure - it sounds more synthetic to me, or maybe a combination.

These two are my pick of the bunch. Akunk in particular is stunning - starts off sounding to me something like Joe Zawinul riffing with Ron Geesin on a KPM album session. Then it dissolves into an Untilted-like dirge which is both edgy and serene, masterpiece afaic.

well on Akunk there is this metallic ringing sound looping, and whatever that is its definitely a room recorded sound. The drums on Gx1 sound too good to be coming off a Yamaha Gx1's speaker system (or at least how i imagine it. In akunk it sounds like a mixture of straight recording mixed with a tiny bit of real room reverb. Gx1 is entirely room recorded though.

Akunk in particular is stunning - starts off sounding to me something like Joe Zawinul riffing with Ron Geesin on a KPM album session. Then it dissolves into an Untilted-like dirge which is both edgy and serene, masterpiece afaic.

Shit ! I inadvertenly purchased the cd normally I prefer to buy vinyl... your description of Akunk sounds awesome... do listen to much KPM shit ? soeme of there stuff in NFL films soundtracks is awesome.

Akunk in particular is stunning - starts off sounding to me something like Joe Zawinul riffing with Ron Geesin on a KPM album session. Then it dissolves into an Untilted-like dirge which is both edgy and serene, masterpiece afaic.

Shit ! I inadvertenly purchased the cd normally I prefer to buy vinyl... your description of Akunk sounds awesome... do listen to much KPM shit ? soeme of there stuff in NFL films soundtracks is awesome.

you can hear 30 seconds of akunk on the brian tregaskin myspace page

BUY ALL REPHLEX RECORDS!!! ALL!! AS WELL AS VINYL AS CD!! IT'S AN ORDER!! BUY ALL REPHLEX RECORDS!! U'RE RICH & CLEVER THEN BUY THEM & U'LL B HAPPY!!! REPHLEX WANT 2 SUCK U!!! AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH!!!

Erm, you need to calm down... I've noticed all your recent posts are like this.

burgertop.jpg

tjenkinson.jpg

BUY ALL REPHLEX RECORDS!!! ALL!! AS WELL AS VINYL AS CD!! IT'S AN ORDER!! BUY ALL REPHLEX RECORDS!! U'RE RICH & CLEVER THEN BUY THEM & U'LL B HAPPY!!! REPHLEX WANT 2 SUCK U!!! AH AH AH AH AH AH AH AH!!!

burgerbottom.jpg

Guest psy-sci

im pissed. he lied to me.

he could have easily said "i cant put new tracks up until rephlex tells me to" but he didnt

I no longer like the EP

screw you brian tregaskin, screw you

whoever you are!

well on Akunk there is this metallic ringing sound looping, and whatever that is its definitely a room recorded sound. The drums on Gx1 sound too good to be coming off a Yamaha Gx1's speaker system (or at least how i imagine it. In akunk it sounds like a mixture of straight recording mixed with a tiny bit of real room reverb. Gx1 is entirely room recorded though.

Assuming GX-1 solo is actually a GX-1 (a pretty big assumption in my mind), I don't see why a 15" woofer, 4 9 inch drivers, and 4 2-inch tweeters being driven by dual 120W tube amplifiers wouldn't sound like that. It's also highly imporbable that anyone would record a GX-1 in any other way -- it didn't have a line out, only the proprietary hook ups for the Speaker cabs. I'm sure you could rig something together, but would you really want to go mucking around with the one of a kind proprietary cables on your less than 50 of them were made GX-1? I know I wouldn't!

Still, I think its hillarious that everyone thinks everything about this album is shrouded in deception, yet are 100% convinced that that must be a Yamaha GX-1 simply because the track is called GX-1 Solo. Jesus, I should start naming my shit "Teleharmonium Opus 12" or "Music Easel Jam".

Archived