IGNORED

ceephax - megalift ep [ziq181]

Guest tht tne

Guest tht! tne

this is really good

i don't want to review it track-by-track

but it's high-quality as always for ceephax

i got it from rough trade digital. i thought it was decent at first but it's really growing on me now.

How does this compare to Volume One? I thought that was an absolutel crapfest of stupendous mediocraty and was really dissapointed because of all my high hopes.

you owe me royalties for that description of volume one, as i remember being the icebreaker/cherry-popper in terms of calling it out for what it is when it was a genbanter-proper thread.

anywho, once i get my check i'll tell you that megalift is better, as i only really care to hear one track off'a volume 1 (#2, "jam jarre") and off of this one i rather love castilian, as it's like the super-mario version of jam jarre, and then stirfry jungle is sufficiently cheesy-n-visceral enough to get me ostentaciously headnodding.

the other two cuts are acid cuts, and i mean seeing another jenkinson boy do up a "friend track" had my hopes up but that's the worst of the lot, as it doesnt do much of it all, even tho i will give you it's a solid loopdeeloop--- time tunnel at least has aspirations and a timid 3/4ish jungle beat behind it (i know i am very likely wrong with the time signature: sod off)

How does this compare to Volume One? I thought that was an absolutel crapfest of stupendous mediocraty and was really dissapointed because of all my high hopes.

you owe me royalties for that description of volume one, as i remember being the icebreaker/cherry-popper in terms of calling it out for what it is when it was a genbanter-proper thread.

anywho, once i get my check i'll tell you that megalift is better, as i only really care to hear one track off'a volume 1 (#2, "jam jarre") and off of this one i rather love castilian, as it's like the super-mario version of jam jarre, and then stirfry jungle is sufficiently cheesy-n-visceral enough to get me ostentaciously headnodding.

the other two cuts are acid cuts, and i mean seeing another jenkinson boy do up a "friend track" had my hopes up but that's the worst of the lot, as it doesnt do much of it all, even tho i will give you it's a solid loopdeeloop--- time tunnel at least has aspirations and a timid 3/4ish jungle beat behind it (i know i am very likely wrong with the time signature: sod off)

While your clashing contrast of overinflated ego combined with pleas for acceptance and awknowledgement grate on me, I'll at least try and find some snippets of this since it sounds marginally more promising, especially because of acid tracks.

Guest bitroast

Stir Fry Jungle. this song is good stuff. alot better than what i was expecting judging from the sample, though the layout of the song is a bit wacky.

Friend Track. nice tune, though way too repetitive for me.

Time Tunnel. 2nd favourite song. breaks and beats and coming from ceephax, done really well. synthy and acidy.

Castilian. this track was my favourite ever since i heard the samples on planet-mu site.

overall, real solid ep from ceephax, espicially after volume one (which i still like, just alot of weak songs).

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to forget all about this til last week but finally got round to getting it on Saturday. It's rather bloody good indeed isn't it! Think Time Tunnel's my favourite up to now but this may change....And as for Friend Track, yeah maybe it's repetitive but I like it a lot.

Guest Promo
theres an
advert on his site for this

if the EP is half as good as the advert than i'm sold... i love those things!

Those adverts are totally wack!!!! I luv them. They're fuckin' masterpieces in their own right. Total lol!!! :teeth:

Archived