IGNORED

Rushup Edge full leak?

Rubin Farr

Guest Caustic

All I've listened to today is Rushup.

It's full of those tracks you leave you repeat...and then forget you left it on repeat.

Great though. Still maintains it's listenability. (If that's a word)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was listening to an afx set on 2005, the one called : AFX_06042005.mp3

and at the beginning, around 11min, you can hear fredugolon 6

and i though : shit, this fucking track is 2 years old.

i remembered that it was the same thing for analord, you can hear some track from live around 2002 and according to joyrex (if i'm right) it's the same thing fpor windowlicker.

weird practice that releasing stuff 2 years after, no ?

i was listening to an afx set on 2005, the one called : AFX_06042005.mp3

and at the beginning, around 11min, you can hear fredugolon 6

and i though : shit, this fucking track is 2 years old.

i remembered that it was the same thing for analord, you can hear some track from live around 2002 and according to joyrex (if i'm right) it's the same thing fpor windowlicker.

weird practice that releasing stuff 2 years after, no ?

when i first realized this i thought it was very weird but its actually very common for bigger artists to do this. they sit on shit loads of material and have it done long before a release.

Songs on Confield were being played out years before autechre released it

just google with the words rapidshare or megaupload, you might find this

Illegal MP3 link removed

and this also, which is nice for all snares fans

http://core.thomaslaupstad.com/new-live-mi...-moscow-042007/

fucking nice one mate, that snares mix is fucking mental!

Many thanks for this, only listened to the first part but it's ace. Loads of new unreleased stuff, Pink and Green meets Chocolate Wheelchair type stuff :ok: The track that references his name is great.

I'm actually going to make a thread for this in the main forum.

Guest Kibreg
Last Rushup 10 4:00

=

This year's Fenix Funk 5 3:50

my goosebumps moment for "last rushup 10" is the run that begins at 2:30 and goes through the belching keys & vocoder bits. man is that a beautiful thing.

after countless listens I find myself going back to track 2 the most.

Guest stolemb

Ok this is getting ridiculous.

I want to listen to this now, so if someone cares to rapidshit everything you got from Rushup Edge and send me pm with the url, do it asap.

just google with the words rapidshare or megaupload, you might find this

Illegal MP3 link removed

and this also, which is nice for all snares fans

http://core.thomaslaupstad.com/new-live-mi...-moscow-042007/

fucking nice one mate, that snares mix is fucking mental!

try this page then...

http://aural-virus.blogspot.com/2006/10/no...tian.html#links

even better.

those myspace tracks sound like a colourful luminous mixture of black and white

they sound like improvised synth masturbations, if they were intended to be full tracks im sure we would have heard them. im guessing whoever made them did some piss-takes purposefully for under 30 seconds long.

and hilariously to whoever did it many people were loving Traapse including myself and are dissapointed by its non appearance on rushup edge.

whats all this talk about aaron funk/snares contributing? Does anybody remember that Vsnares bit off of Drukqs so hard his teeth broke? Im just saying that Death Fuck sounds nothing like Snares to me, maybe only if you forgot that snares is heavily aphex influenced to begin with.

already Rushup Edge is kind of losing its novelty, there are some really quality tracks on here like deathfuck and rushup bank but overall im pretty underwhelmed. The breakbeats are very tiny sounding on lots of the tracks is my main complaint. I still think aphex is capable of much better. I was very very excited when i first listened to it all the way through.

i'm assuming you "got" what was implied in my (not so cryptic) post there - although whether you did or not is neither explicit, nor implicit in your reply (other than that you quoted and replied to my post)

Guest HmND
Ok this is getting ridiculous.

I want to listen to this now, so if someone cares to rapidshit everything you got from Rushup Edge and send me pm with the url, do it asap.

How about you read my post and follow the hint instead of whining?

so is rushup edge out to buy yet? the leak (or the one on moo and the ones ive seen anyway) is 192k mp3, and a few people are saying the guy ripped it joint stereo. i wunt me viinil

The funny thing is... You will never notice the difference. Especially when joint stereo is the preferred method of ripping nowadays.

i've listened to this now and i'm afraid to say i'm a bit disappointed.... the faster tracks sound like The Flashbulb or some shit like that. this can't be Aphex - it's just not good enough. don't get me wrong - it's alright and that, but it's not spine tingling... no way near as good as analord IMO.

Guest Kibreg
are you insane? do you even know the low pass frequency of 192k mp3? its ridiculous. do you know what joint stereo encoding is? say goodbye to accurate stereo imaging, or any faithfulness to the original, uncompressed audio.

and yes, I can tell the difference. hopefully you can too, get off your compaq speakers.

personally I don't care which stereo mode it was encoded in - it's bloody mp3 (and 192br at that!) A decent audio setup and set of ears will easily spot the inferiority of compressed audio (at least for many of us). I REALLY want to hear Rushup in all it's glory and not this paper thin, tinny representation.

Bring on the FLACs! (or the actual disc, whichever I can get my hands on first)

i hope this 'leaked' release turns out to be fake... otherwise i'll be penning a letter of complaint to the powers that be.....

Guest HmND
are you insane? do you even know the low pass frequency of 192k mp3? its ridiculous. do you know what joint stereo encoding is? say goodbye to accurate stereo imaging, or any faithfulness to the original, uncompressed audio.

and yes, I can tell the difference. hopefully you can too, get off your compaq speakers.

Yeah, like all the other people who said they can hear the difference between 192, v0 and flac, yet when given simple transcodes, they just judge the song by the shown kbps. Either way, while I can hear the difference between 192 and FLACs, it's pretty minimal, while the difference between 192 and v0 is pretty much null. At least for your ears.

As for joint stereo: there has been a lot of discussion about it in the past and the overall conclusion was that no one gives a shit and it really doesn't affect anything at all.

Besides, most of those "audiophiles" are pretentious self-compensating sad cunts with delusional quality judging.

As for your comments about my speakers: simply lol.

Yeah, like all the other people who said they can hear the difference between 192, v0 and flac, yet when given simple transcodes, they just judge the song by the shown kbps. Either way, while I can hear the difference between 192 and FLACs, it's pretty minimal, while the difference between 192 and v0 is pretty much null. At least for your ears.

As for joint stereo: there has been a lot of discussion about it in the past and the overall conclusion was that no one gives a shit and it really doesn't affect anything at all.

Besides, most of those "audiophiles" are pretentious self-compensating sad cunts with delusional quality judging.

As for your comments about my speakers: simply lol.

Doesn't the quality of JS depends on the encoder? I'm pretty sure that if you encode with a decent program like Lame, JS only uses the Mid-Side/Left-Right method of encoding which is lossless, and not Intensity-Stereo, which most definitely isn't lossless.

And 192Kbit (or any other bitrate) MP3 doesn't have a fixed-frequency low-pass filter - you can set it to anything you like, or disable it altogether. Again, that's if you use a decent encoder like Lame.

These Rushup Edge MP3s have been low-passed at 16Khz, and they sound pretty poor IMO.

Guest jacderida

i gave this a listen today and i really fucking love it, will be buying it for sure.

imo there's no way it's a fake, so i guess you're going to have to remain disappointed BCM :)

so i am the only one who can physically wait for the proper release (cd/lp) & didnt get the leak?

i feel "oldschool" ....

take pride in yourself, m8.

the internet has killed much of alls' patience

Archived