IGNORED

Petiatil Cx Htdui

Guest Kibreg

Guest Kibreg

does this track hit anyone else on an emotional level? eh, i guess thats what good music does.

I just really love this track and I don't see it talked about much. so big ups to PCH.

Guest Helper ET

It shouldn't be talked about. It's too good to ruin by associating it with any thought other than how amazing it is. It's too good to even describe with words. Yes it hits me emotionally. It hits me with a feeling...I don't know what it is, but when it happens, I feel like I'm on a drug or I entered a new dimension or something.

These things must be spoke of subtly when speaking of this song.

Guest Kibreg
It shouldn't be talked about. It's too good to ruin by associating it with any thought other than how amazing it is. It's too good to even describe with words. Yes it hits me emotionally. It hits me with a feeling...I don't know what it is, but when it happens, I feel like I'm on a drug or I entered a new dimension or something.

These things must be spoke of subtly when speaking of this song.

ah yes... ET gets it.

Guest Helper ET

Sometimes I like putting all of the amazing drukqs piano tracks in a little mini playlist. It's very enjoyable. It consists of Avril 14th, Kesson Dalef, Petiatil Cx Htdui, Nannou 2. Seems like Avril 14th is a little out of place eh? I want to try just Kesson Dalef, Petiatil Cx Htdui, Nannou 2. That order would be nice too. Switching it up would be fun though. Everyone should try it. Maybe play around with the orders and tell stories from home about how you went to Vega and came back.

Guest Kibreg
Sometimes I like putting all of the amazing drukqs piano tracks in a little mini playlist. It's very enjoyable. It consists of Avril 14th, Kesson Dalef, Petiatil Cx Htdui, Nannou 2. Seems like Avril 14th is a little out of place eh? I want to try just Kesson Dalef, Petiatil Cx Htdui, Nannou 2. That order would be nice too. Switching it up would be fun though. Everyone should try it. Maybe play around with the orders and tell stories from home about how you went to Vega and came back.

heh, i've done the same :) an itunes playlist with just the piano tracks... and Avril always HAS seemed out of place! love it, but it doesnt have that bittersweet quality the others have.

Guest Helper ET

Indeed. Drukqs is just a good album to mix around a lot. I love the way it is originally, CD version (haven't heard vinyl version yet), but it's also good for these many little playlists. My most listened to one would be Vordhosbn, Omgyjya, and Cock/Ver10. The 3 in that order are fucking incredible. Sit on a couch, center yourself between two decent, loud speakers 8-10 feet in front of you, get high, close your eyes, and listen to the playlist I just spoke of.

My god.

(Helper ET is not responsible for any tears you may cry during intense listening period)

Do I remember an interview where Richard suggests mixing Drukqs up? Something like it being boring or something from start to finish? This would explain the 30 minute long RDJ Album that is supposedly the perfect length for an album. I have to agree with the guy, long albums are often just too much.

Guest Caustic
Do I remember an interview where Richard suggests mixing Drukqs up? Something like it being boring or something from start to finish? This would explain the 30 minute long RDJ Album that is supposedly the perfect length for an album. I have to agree with the guy, long albums are often just too much.

This is why I don't listen to SAWII much.

If I do,I'll only ever listen to the short ones,or the reaaally melodic ones.

Like Hexagon,Lichen,Rhubarb. Those are my 3 favourite tracks on SAWII.

Years ago, around the date which Drukqs was released, i got to the girl i was with at the moment, a listen to "nanou2" . In the warm silents of the song, with just little light to see her eyes, she laugh in front of me. I never loved her again.

it's quite emo, but genuine

• Like 1

it's my fav piano piece off the album.

shares a special spot with me ... when i would be in work early and be the only one here...i have very strange and strong memories tied to this track, it takes me back.... :)

Guest stolemb

Drukqs is the best thing ever done. It only can be surpassed by Aphex Twin.

Richard, do it again.

Drukqs is the best thing ever done. It only can be surpassed by Aphex Twin.

Richard, do it again.

Don't put that kindof pressure on him. He'll do whatever the fuck he wants, cuz he can. I don't blame him.

But that's not what this thread's about. It's about Petiatil Cx Htdui goddamnit! Keeping that in mind, I will say that that song and Avril 14th are my 2 favorite piano pieces on Drukqs.

Guest Rook
But that's not what this thread's about. It's about Petiatil Cx Htdui goddamnit!

Ha, and you have been on teh watmm for how long????

I love the aphex drukqs tracks. Petiatil is probably the most Satie-esque piece on there. I just wish there were a lot more.

I really like Ruglen Holon, sort of a more contolled John Cage type deal.

But that's not what this thread's about. It's about Petiatil Cx Htdui goddamnit!

:orly:

Uhh.... longer than you... I just have less posts 'cuz of my booming social life.

Guest dylangt7

Uhh.... longer than you... I just have less posts 'cuz of my booming social life.

I could be wrong here and just sticking my nose in where it dont belong, but I think that was his point.

You've been on watmm long enough to know the threads can end up anywhere, once you start them it aint your baby anymore, you just need to stand back and watch it grow like a proud parent. Sometimes they blossom into a bearded oceanoligist specializing in electronic music deep sea creatures or they fail and turn into a twenty something goth.

Guest Rook

I could be wrong here and just sticking my nose in where it dont belong, but I think that was his point.

You've been on watmm long enough to know the threads can end up anywhere, once you start them it aint your baby anymore, you just need to stand back and watch it grow like a proud parent. Sometimes they blossom into a bearded oceanoligist specializing in electronic music deep sea creatures or they fail and turn into a twenty something goth.

haha, exactly

• 1 year later...

This is a really beautiful piano piece. I can hear what sounds like breaks now and then in this track, at 0:19 it's very clear. It makes it sound like the piano is being played in your living room and you can hear traffic outside, I don't know. I love it.

The Drukqs piano tracks are fascinating.

I wonder if Richard has made other tracks in this vein before or since?

I wonder how they would have been received had they been released alone as 'Analogue Bar 1' as originally intended. (Not sure if this is correct, I seem to remember someone [Joyrex?] offering this information at the time Drukqs was released.

They seemed to come in for a bit of stick from critics who thought Richard was pertaining to some kind of lofty pretensions by releasing these tracks.

I'd love to hear a bootleg of the Glastonbury set ('02 I think) where he played out the piano tracks but with beats on top. Never managed to ever track them down.

Yeah it's a fun trick to mix these tunes with others. I like to play Avril 14th with jungle on top, it's clearly quantized nicely so it works well. Heard Vibert and Aphex both do similar things with some of the other piano tunes.

The Drukqs piano tracks are fascinating.

I wonder if Richard has made other tracks in this vein before or since?

I wonder how they would have been received had they been released alone as 'Analogue Bar 1' as originally intended. (Not sure if this is correct, I seem to remember someone [Joyrex?] offering this information at the time Drukqs was released.

yes, it was Joyrex who described the 'Analogue Bar' tracks

I'd love to hear a bootleg of the Glastonbury set ('02 I think) where he played out the piano tracks but with beats on top. Never managed to ever track them down.

never heard about this, sounds extremely interesting. would be nice if it surfaced somewhere someday.