IGNORED

Petiatil Cx Htdui

Guest Kibreg

• 1 month later...
This is a really beautiful piano piece. I can hear what sounds like breaks now and then in this track, at 0:19 it's very clear. It makes it sound like the piano is being played in your living room and you can hear traffic outside, I don't know. I love it.

Quino Phec also has this most of the time the melody closes.

• 4 months later...

I like beskhu3epnm the best. It has the best question/answer ..tension release, melody. Followed by Petiatil Cx Htdui

Edited by marf

yeah haven't listened to drukqs in a while, it's of course still wonderful, listening to some of the mental drill tracks right now to end myself chewing over bs

hmm yeah I think I like it a bit more than Rushup Edge it's so goddamn intense

Edited by Berk

Guest Barricade
I woke up and found this track had been played on loop while I slept for 15 hours.

oh boris you so crazy

I woke up and found this track had been played on loop while I slept for 15 hours.

oh boris you so crazy

afextinyafx.jpg

• 6 years later...

QUOTE (The CIA @ Nov 17 2008, 03:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Drukqs piano tracks are fascinating.

I wonder if Richard has made other tracks in this vein before or since?

I wonder how they would have been received had they been released alone as 'Analogue Bar 1' as originally intended. (Not sure if this is correct, I seem to remember someone [Joyrex?] offering this information at the time Drukqs was released.

yes, it was Joyrex who described the 'Analogue Bar' tracks

I'd love to hear a bootleg of the Glastonbury set ('02 I think) where he played out the piano tracks but with beats on top. Never managed to ever track them down.

never heard about this, sounds extremely interesting. would be nice if it surfaced somewhere someday.

I was looking for a thread about Petiatil Cx Htdui which i just LOVE, definitely my fav Aphex piano track.

Then I saw this comment, anyone have more info about it?

I wonder how they would have been received had they been released alone as 'Analogue Bar 1' as originally intended. (Not sure if this is correct, I seem to remember someone [Joyrex?] offering this information at the time Drukqs was released.

I'd love to hear a bootleg of the Glastonbury set ('02 I think) where he played out the piano tracks but with beats on top. Never managed to ever track them down.

never heard about this, sounds extremely interesting. would be nice if it surfaced somewhere someday.

I was looking for a thread about Petiatil Cx Htdui which i just LOVE, definitely my fav Aphex piano track.

Hey that was me from years ago.

I seem to remember a couple of people reporting back on here and on xltronic (or aphextwin.nu?) about the set more or less straight afterwards but no boots emerged. I think he played SAWII tracks with beats as well.

Seems a little more likely in these post soundcloud days that we might eventually hear some of these alt. versions at some point.

Hey that was me from years ago.

I seem to remember a couple of people reporting back on here and on xltronic (or aphextwin.nu?) about the set more or less straight afterwards but no boots emerged. I think he played SAWII tracks with beats as well.

Seems a little more likely in these post soundcloud days that we might eventually hear some of these alt. versions at some point.

Thanks for your reply, hopefully they'll surface somewhere...

• 5 years later...

Lol you resurrected the thread after 5 years....after resurrecting it in 2008 from 2007.
You really keep the flame for this track and thread. AFX blessings be upon ye.

Also fuck yeah the track.

On 5/25/2007 at 10:10 AM, Seblastien said:

Years ago, around the date which Drukqs was released, i got to the girl i was with at the moment, a listen to "nanou2" . In the warm silents of the song, with just little light to see her eyes, she laugh in front of me. I never loved her again.

it's quite emo, but genuine

sad

Avril 14 gets all the fame but this one is the real star of the piano tracks. Covered in a different, more distant sounding reverb to the rest, sending the piano through an impressionistic semi-ambient haze. The melody of the piece itself is all open chords, shifting between being fragile and indecisive then stoic and hopeful. Truly excellent stuff, 10/10 would druk again.

• Like 1