IGNORED

Caribou - Andorra

Pitchfork write-up:

Presumably named after the tiny European nation sandwiched between France and Spain, Andorra features a big smattering of Snaith, who wrote, produced, and played every single instrument on the damn thing. The lone exception is the track "She's the One", co-written by and featuring guest vocals from Jeremy Greenspan of one-time Caribou tourmates Junior Boys.

Andorra:

01 Melody Day

02 Sandy

03 After Hours

04 She's the One

05 Desiree

06 Eli

07 Sundialing

08 Irene

09 Niobe

*waits for andys reply*

LOL, yep, Andy and I pretty much use this forum to notify each other on releases that we know we'll like since we have pretty similar tastes. If anyone else posts in the thread it's a bonus :happy:

Guest mooncup

actually i'm not a manitoba/caribou fan. the first manitoba was ok but the last one dint catch my attention at all.

• 1 month later...
Guest Glass Plate

So this sounds basically like what the new Chemical Brothers album should of sounded like.

It's pretty good, I need to give it another listen.

Guest Glass Plate

I like it a lot, I need to give it another listen. Sounds kinda like what the Chemical Brothers new album should of been like, I dunno.

Guest plant extract

mixed feeling on this. love the live show but still can't make it stick with the recordings....as much as i like his records i never play them on repeat. that said it's pure quality indeed.

Guest ~ism

nah, must say - loved milk of human kindness and some choice tracks from the manitoba Up In Flames release too (Crayon is my ring-tone)...and just sampling this Andorra as I type this.

Sounds a bit further evolved from the last LP. Much more summery and sunny sounding and has a strange 'Wickerman' type quality to it (so far anyway - 5 tracks in). Nicer acoustic arrangements and less frantically layered than Milk Of.. for the most part. Bit too flowery in places mind you...but mainly confined to the one track. It is a lot more hippyish than previous stuff.

Dunno... sounds arite to me so far. And I did play the hell out of their last one for the best part of 2 years.

On the Snaith.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ominous

I've liked a few of his tracks here and there; but this one is solid! pure summer

also Niobe is the best trance anthem i've heard in a long time.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest absolu

Wow "Andorra" has really grown on me. Maybe not as good as "Up In Flames" but certainly has some qualities that made the latter an exceptional album.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest absolu

I've been listening to this for the last 4-5 weeks and it's definitely a grower. It may even surpass Up In Flames in terms of replay value. I love it. "Eli" and "Irene" are my standout tracks.

• 1 month later...

So its more like Up in Flames than it is like Milk? Because Milk was a snoozefest for me and the Melodyday single wasn't all that remarkable in my book, but I love Up In Flames. I just don't wanna get stuck paying 20 bucks for another Milk album.

So its more like Up in Flames than it is like Milk? Because Milk was a snoozefest for me and the Melodyday single wasn't all that remarkable in my book, but I love Up In Flames. I just don't wanna get stuck paying 20 bucks for another Milk album.

Yep, and the bitchfork/indie set is wetting their pants about it in the same way they did for Up In Flames. Don't get me wrong, it's a good album (the wife loves it) but his first 3 albums were each stylistically different that I was kinda hoping that he'd veer in yet another direction. And I'm probably one of the few people who actually liked Start Breaking My Heart & Milk more than Up In Flames.

Archived