IGNORED

i care because you do

Fred McGriff

Guest Caustic
Isn't there some Phillip Glass Sampleage on this somewhere? Maybe Icct Hedral I thought.

Nah,but he did do an orchestral version of it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm one of the more recent fans of Aphex Twin and as much as I like this album, I can't help but feel like it's impossible for me to appreciate it the way you older fans do. So tell me: Those folks who were fans of Aphex when this album come out, what was listening to it like? I mean was it completely out of this world sounding? Completely unique? Or just an album full of really good tracks.

Why don't you take a seat over there?

for me it was "out of this world stunning" full stop

i posted earlier about how my dealer hated it for being "cheap" and "a pisstake"

and i can totally see where he was coming from

there was a stark difference in production from the previous releases (computers vs analog)

and to him when he listened to the waxen pith he heard 1x synth part 1x hf filtered noise track (hats) and some pops and clangs all audibly rigidly sequenced and repeating for several minutes which to him is "cheap" and "a pisstake"

when i first heard it i was immediately startled by it's simplicity, it's character and it's immense beauty

in summary - music like this just did not exist. anywhere. period.

aphex twin had always had a very unique sound but i think looking back, ICBYD was the point where he just left all trace of conventional existing modes of techno behind and properly moved into another dimension

plus as Caustic has correctly stated - at 3:40 into the very first track - one of the most insanely joyous pieces of music ever created goes into full on creamy mentasm overload.

i purchased my copy on the day of release (God how i miss life before internets)

i think i played side A about 5 or 6 times before i even turned it over

the stickers in the middle of the records

staring at the back cover

rolling another joint on richards face

reading every detail

laughing at the rubbish anagrams

[/gay]

Sigh. It seems like no artist can create anything truly revolutionary like the way you describe anymore. And especially with the internet and everything.

I care is a half brilliant album, get rid of the I want sex track and any of the techno tracks and add the bonus Donkey Rhubard track and you have a classic album.

I do remember buying the I care album in the morning and picking mushrooms later in the day listening to I Care was great

aphex twin had always had a very unique sound but i think looking back, ICBYD was the point where he just left all trace of conventional existing modes of techno behind and properly moved into another dimension

plus as Caustic has correctly stated - at 3:40 into the very first track - one of the most insanely joyous pieces of music ever created goes into full on creamy mentasm overload.

i purchased my copy on the day of release (God how i miss life before internets)

reading every detail

[/gay]

respect

I care is a half brilliant album, get rid of the I want sex track and any of the techno tracks and add the bonus Donkey Rhubard track and you have a classic album.

incorrect

it is his best album.

fu

Guest transfer

reading every detail

[/gay]

respect

incorrect

I agree.

but i dont get longing to transfer one song from a great release onto a different already great release. that's the beauty of aphex twin EPs, they're fucking awesome in their own right. pancake lizard is one of my fav. all time tracks and it is where it should be. everything is as it should be with aphex in that era. i mean the whole ventolin EP could be put on ICBYD too, but then we wouldnt have a ventolin EP

but i dont get longing to transfer one song from a great release onto a different already great release. that's the beauty of aphex twin EPs, they're fucking awesome in their own right. pancake lizard is one of my fav. all time tracks and it is where it should be. everything is as it should be with aphex in that era. i mean the whole ventolin EP could be put on ICBYD too, but then we wouldnt have a ventolin EP

i cant imagine my life without that donkey rhubarb 12" sleeve in it

Archived