IGNORED

Cylob

perunamuusi

I liked Cylob's stuff up until Lobster Tracks, then it went all downhill (for me). He's a good DJ though.

I always thought he was a terrible dj...

Well, the few recorded DJ sets I've heard, I've liked...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Understandable. Some his stuff sounds like he sampled dishes and pots and pans and shit...but they always had interesting patterns. On the other hand... the SC stuff that he does... FUCK that stuff blows my mind. He has mastered Supercollider. I know a bit of SC. I was never as good as I wanted to be with it. I liked right away years ago, cause I was comparing to the way sounded against the shit I had at the time like Reaktor, Max/MSP and my hardware synths. My conclusion was that SC was sounding better. Oh well, thats my 2 cents.

Yes like you I also like his patterns and programming but the sounds he uses are terribly annoying to me, I think only himself likes them, I hope someday he gets back to business and leaves the pots and pans in the kitchen.

The best thing he made recently that I heard was the Glade 05 set that was partially recorded by Breezeblock, so awesome!

My favorite records are the Kinesthesia ones best work he ever did in my book.

And as Cylob like Joyrex I also liked: Living In The 1980's and Cut The Midrange, Drop The Bass.

Guest feta lol
a hiphop beat with a vocoder over top of it as one of his "best songs" is hardly creative.

pretty much not a vocoder.

a hiphop beat with a vocoder over top of it as one of his "best songs" is hardly creative.

pretty much not a vocoder.

yeah im kind of surprised anyone would confuse that for a vocoder

Yes like you I also like his patterns and programming but the sounds he uses are terribly annoying to me,

see this is what i cannot understand. nobody else is using sounds like him, to me this is a huge bonus. There needs to be more creative use of sound design and synthesizer twiddling in electronic music. His sounds are not stale like most of electronic music, therefore he is awesome, end of story

I feel like possibly hes overcompensating for the lack of creative sound design on Rephlex these days, which in my opinion is a great thing. Even though albums like Rushup edge are more original than most, i still prefer the craziness of Cylob's new material.

3 clips from Trojan Fader Style and Rock the Trojan Fader. I'm stoked to hear this now. This might outrock the Cylob Music System releases...

are we not men who live and die are we not men who live and die are we not men who live and die are we not men who live and die

are we not men who live and die are we not men who live and die are we not men who live and die are we not men who live and die

tha song makes me weep tears of joy every time i hear it.

• 3 weeks later...

the cylob stuff is on bleep now, well two of them. Trojan fader style is awesome, been listening to it all day. A lot noisier and busy as well as refined than his live set version of it heard at bangface last year.

Archived