IGNORED

Optical Illusions

Guest Yegg

Guest JW Modestburns
yeah if you look at the faint foot reflection at the bottom the rest of the image will appear to rotate the other way. you might lose this once you focus back on the woman. cool stuff.

oh my, she is stuck spinning backwards now for me. It didn't work the first few times i tried it, but then i stared at her feet where the reflection hits the body and now I'm stuck seeing her backwards.

Edited by organizedn015e

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuck i've seen nothing but her spinning clockwise.

p.s. the autostereogram is a shark swimming?

Yeah,

those things hurt my eyes.

Goddamnit that chick is spinning backwards, clockwise, and there's no other direction she could possibly be spinning unless her tits are on her back, her thumbs are where her pinkies should be, and her vagina is shaped like an ass. You people who say otherwise are filthy liars.

if you concentrate on the foot and nothing else, she starts to spin vertically

of course she doesn't! there is no illusion!

if you concentrate on the foot and nothing else, she starts to spin vertically

of course she doesn't! there is no illusion!

really dude it works

i can get it to spin both ways

the weird thing with her spinning both ways, is once it swiches, it's very hard to see it the first way again. Pissed me off.

if you look at the foot you can switch at any time also you can see the foot only spinning only 90degrees and jumping back to the beginning

HOLY SHIT! It happened. She's spinning counterclockwise every time I look now. I think the voodoo theory is correct. I don't understand what the hell just happened. It defies physics.

The problem with the woman is that you have to look at her leg reflection, and not at the woman herself, to see her spin the other way (that's why the reflection is there). The reflection is directionally ambiguous enough (as it doesn't contain the rest of the body to provide us with directional cues) to allow your brain to consider that perhaps the whole woman is spinning the other way, as we are taught how reflections behave in nature, obviously. ;)

If you concentrate on the reflected foot, covering the whole woman, you will probably be able to convince yourself that she may be spinning in either direction, once you've done this, then reveal the woman and try to extend this perception. I find that the whole woman will snap out of the anticlockwise motion and resume what makes sense to us, spinning clockwise. Fun stuff.

Here's one I can't figure out - apparently, if you save this image to a folder (in Windows XP), the image (if displayed as Thumbnails) will show a robot woman reclining!

Did somebody manually edit the thumbnail image in the file? I always though Windows generated those on the fly...

1.jpg

The same goes for this one:

zdy3ztkym2qxzmiynzk4mdy2mte4nmi3ndhingzl

Save it and check out the thumbnail

Guest Caustic
Here's one I can't figure out - apparently, if you save this image to a folder (in Windows XP), the image (if displayed as Thumbnails) will show a robot woman reclining!

Did somebody manually edit the thumbnail image in the file? I always though Windows generated those on the fly...

post-1-1182966601_thumb.jpg

The same goes for this one:

zdy3ztkym2qxzmiynzk4mdy2mte4nmi3ndhingzlngm.jpg

Save it and check out the thumbnail

Any more of these?

I'd like to know how they do them.

The problem with the woman is that you have to look at her leg reflection, and not at the woman herself, to see her spin the other way (that's why the reflection is there). The reflection is directionally ambiguous enough (as it doesn't contain the rest of the body to provide us with directional cues) to allow your brain to consider that perhaps the whole woman is spinning the other way, as we are taught how reflections behave in nature, obviously. ;)

If you concentrate on the reflected foot, covering the whole woman, you will probably be able to convince yourself that she may be spinning in either direction, once you've done this, then reveal the woman and try to extend this perception. I find that the whole woman will snap out of the anticlockwise motion and resume what makes sense to us, spinning clockwise. Fun stuff.

Nope. Once I see her spinning counterclockwise, she keeps spinning that way --hair, breasts, everything. It's really strange. I can't get it to snap back to what I was originally seeing. Black magic for sure.