IGNORED

Optical Illusions

Guest Yegg

Guest Caustic
i can get it to look like she is just going back and forth and not spinning full rotations at all

Witchcraft!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
Here's one I can't figure out - apparently, if you save this image to a folder (in Windows XP), the image (if displayed as Thumbnails) will show a robot woman reclining!

Did somebody manually edit the thumbnail image in the file? I always though Windows generated those on the fly...

1.jpg

Hmmm interesting. It also works in OS X.

Guest Babar

About the spinning woman :

it DOES NOT say anything about your cerebral predominance : http://www.theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php?p=27

I can see the woman spinning both way. I achieve this by hiding the woman's body, and look at her feet because when she's spining ccw, it seem's like I look at it from above, and inversely, when she's spining cw ...i'm looking at her from beneath.

Guest ZeroHour

for the woman i could only see her spinning clockwise

thats till i turned my head upside down and looked at it again

try it out if you cant make her switch

now i see her spinning halfwy clockwise then switching to counterclockwise O_O

Guest ZeroHour

its something to do with the fact that its a 2d silhouette (think thats spelled right) but our brain tries to make it into a 3d object

Guest Super lurker ultra V12
Here's one I can't figure out - apparently, if you save this image to a folder (in Windows XP), the image (if displayed as Thumbnails) will show a robot woman reclining!

Did somebody manually edit the thumbnail image in the file? I always though Windows generated those on the fly...

post-1-1182966601_thumb.jpg

Hmmm interesting. It also works in OS X.

thumbnails are like exif data, you can edit them quite easily.

Edited by Super lurker ultra V12

• 11 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spoiler

If you pause that image, you will see the boundary has a one pixel ring of different color which is the actual reason that created the illusion. When the arrow changes, that ring also changes its pattern to create the illusion that match the direction. However they are not moving

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...