IGNORED

Delete 1 track

avinit

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest felttipen

its all experimental, some of it maynot sound good but i woudnt want any of his tracks to lose existence...cunts

lol @ nobody mentioning come to daddy..

fucking sad cunts

there's probobly a reason.

minus the vocals, and its a pretty nice track

:devil:

DRUKQS is one of the best albums richard made!!!!!!!!!

:omg: you crazy :omg:

i love the twin,

but drukqs.... its not for me

give me surfing on sine waves or AB3 any day...

7\

what? what?

what?

huh? :omg:

AB3 is awesome but surfing on sine waves is just a good album : i don't listen it more than others, caustic window is better than polygon window!!

but don't worry, i was just joking (Drukqs is ever one of the best albums RDJ made 4 me), it's ur taste, it's my taste... just I shared my opinion...

:devil:

Guest Romhotep

Agreed, Caustic Window owns Polygon Window any day of the week. As much as I adore Surfing on Sine Waves, the only track on it to measure up to tracks such as "Joyrex J4," "Joyrex J5," "Astroblaster," and "Fantasia" is "Quoth."

To AST: Drukqs is my fave album.

For the sake of this thread tho, if we deleted all of his "crappier" songs, we wouldnt have anything to compare the GREAT ones to, meaning every track would simply be mediocre///

Guest Caustic
I don't think there's a single weak CW track. I wouldn't even delete 'Pigeon Street'.

Haha,everybody loves Pigeon Street.

Guest AOOproductions
Cow Cud is a Twin

(wrecks ICBYD, IMHO)

Wrecks it! what? I mean, I can see how someone could say it disrupts the feel of the album, maybe, but for me Ventolin takes a shit on that album, whenever I try listening to the whole album I just can't do it. I feel Cowcud is one of best D n' B tracks ever and is a testament of James work with drum machines. The first 50 seconds is a little wacky, but that’s all. I think it's superb. I'd like to know why you think it wrecks it.

As for Drukqs, I could do without it. some tracks are wicked like vordhosbn and MSM+SMM, those two tracks are worth the album alone. Some of the Piano tracks are beautiful and others are shit like Father... o man what a clunker. And 54 cymru beats is so good with a wicked nice sound system and blasting, it practically makes me explode. But other than that... it's okay, I guess it's just the order and arrangement of them.

Many seem to think it's his Magnum Opus, does anyone agree with that?

And as for deleting one track, We Have Arrived (QQT Mix), a completely unnecessary remix. I think Aphex was saying, "Im the new shit in town and I can take any track and make it less accessible but way more rad!" Well he failed, that track shouldn't have been touched.

Wrecks it! what? I mean, I can see how someone could say it disrupts the feel of the album, maybe, but for me Ventolin takes a shit on that album, whenever I try listening to the whole album I just can't do it. I feel Cowcud is one of best D n' B tracks ever and is a testament of James work with drum machines. The first 50 seconds is a little wacky, but that’s all. I think it's superb. I'd like to know why you think it wrecks it.

As for Drukqs, I could do without it. some tracks are wicked like vordhosbn and MSM+SMM, those two tracks are worth the album alone. Some of the Piano tracks are beautiful and others are shit like Father... o man what a clunker. And 54 cymru beats is so good with a wicked nice sound system and blasting, it practically makes me explode. But other than that... it's okay, I guess it's just the order and arrangement of them.

Many seem to think it's his Magnum Opus, does anyone agree with that?

And as for deleting one track, We Have Arrived (QQT Mix), a completely unnecessary remix. I think Aphex was saying, "Im the new shit in town and I can take any track and make it less accessible but way more rad!" Well he failed, that track shouldn't have been touched.

Guest earlgrey
Cow Cud is a Twin

(wrecks ICBYD, IMHO)

Fascinating!

Ventolin on ICBYD seriously is one of my favourite electronic music tracks .... I adore it, and think it's the high point of the album (although, of course, there are a lot of other great tunes.) I can't get enough of high pitch feedbacky squealing, listening to it gives me a unique euphoric rush that I just don't get from other frequency ranges ... I've felt that way since coming across The Jesus & Mary Chain's sublime Psychocandy. I was being somewhat melodramatic when I said Cow Cud wrecks ICBYD, but I'd rather it just not be on there. I guess it strikes me as meandering and tests my patience, and it's near the end of the LP, so my attention span has already been largely spent at that point, much like "Recury" from AE's Chiastic Slide. As to it being a "D n' B" track - wtf? I guess it is primarily composed of some drums and some bass, but that's like saying that Led Zeppelin is an R'n'B artist..

Wow, I'm genuinely surprised that I've had two folks disagree with me RE: Cow Cud; it pays to be reminded that beauty-is-in-the-eye-o'-the-whatsit and all that.

I love the piano tracks on Drukqs ... I liked them so much that I started acquiring the music of Erik Satie and John Cage after hearing that they were 'tributes' to those artists.

Guest earlgrey

http://www.amazon.co.uk/I-Care-Because-You...iews/B000025TIZ

2 of 20 people found the following review helpful:

Math or Music, 18 Sep 2004

By "alkalinescented" - See all my reviews

Aphex twin raise a lot of questions with this stunning works,

such as wether it is so much a fact of music or math, the likes of ventoline raises the question even more so. As much understanding of aphexs music is required as working out einstiens theory of ralativity the way it blends from song to song taking u on a rollercoaster ride from high to chill. If your not open minded this is not the album for you

Haha, awesome. Dunno, I'd find it a bit easier to listen to this record than try and understand relativity theory, methinks. I think I missed why "music" and "math" should be opposed, frequencies sound the way they do because of the "math" underpinning them..

Guest AOOproductions
As to it being a "D n' B" track - wtf? I guess it is primarily composed of some drums and some bass

hmmm... well i don't know if it is technically a drum n' base track, but it is primarily drums and not much synth at all. And I can understand how you might be a little beat up by the point you get to "cow cud", luckily it ends on a very quite and beautiful note.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mrcopyandpaste
gx1 solo

you bitch. best song alive.

elephant off AB4 maybe. or mould off SAWII

elephant

Guest Caustic
gx1 solo

elephant

Elephant song,I agree with. It's boring and repetitive.

How can you say Mold instead of something like Grey Stripe or Spots?

Taking actual ambient over processed sounds of an air vent....psshhh.

Guest mrcopyandpaste
gx1 solo

elephant

truth, maybe i was a little hasty scanning throughg itunes for a prompt. i dont like the hooh hooooh noises in it, soon as that song starts I END IT

rhubarb mate. theres relaxing. and cliffs.

Guest Caustic
gx1 solo

elephant

truth, maybe i was a little hasty scanning throughg itunes for a prompt. i dont like the hooh hooooh noises in it, soon as that song starts I END IT

Play Hexagon and Lichen at the same time.

It's wicked.

Guest mrcopyandpaste
gx1 solo

elephant

Play Hexagon and Lichen at the same time.

It's wicked.

pretty good. basslines clash a bit, but i see where youre coming from

Archived