IGNORED

Samples of Dunisbourne Abbots Soulmate Devastation Technique now available

Guest Enter a new display name

• 1 year later...

I feel it's a pretty "meh" note for µ-Ziq to end his music making note on. While I don't think Bilious Paths as a whole has aged well, I still enjoy it much much more, especially its melodies (Meinheld <3).

I feel it's a pretty "meh" note for µ-Ziq to end his music making note on. While I don't think Bilious Paths as a whole has aged well, I still enjoy it much much more, especially its melodies (Meinheld <3).

i looooove bilious

I find this to be a deeper, sadder, subtler and more ageless release than anything else he has done. Sure, it isn't as fun as those other great releases, but to me it holds up better today - and it's beautifully cohesive. It has wonderfully eerie mood running through all its tracks, and I don't know anything that quite sounds like it.

Guest Calx Sherbet

I find this to be a deeper, sadder, subtler and more ageless release than anything else he has done. Sure, it isn't as fun as those other great releases, but to me it holds up better today - and it's beautifully cohesive. It has wonderfully eerie mood running through all its tracks, and I don't know anything that quite sounds like it.

brilliantly described. it's not as playful. but maybe the album with the most feeling? i can't say much about the sound of an album aging (i got into music in 2006 ffs), but i think it could stand the test of time. i think he needs one more album before he ends his career. this could be a great ending, but i think it could be stronger. he's due, not that i EXPECT something from him.

i see the order of his albums like this (not including other aliases):

Tango - heavily melodic, sublime

Bluff Limbo - dark, ominous, and moody

Pine Effect - harder hitting percussion (and maybe the origin of his signature "silliness")

Lunatic Harness - more intricate construction (to me it seems like an 'intelligent' rebirth of Pine Effect)

Royal Astronomy - a blend of all previous traits. Speed/subtlety, creepy/lighthearted, sophisticated/childish. unusually controversial album for a lot of watmmers

Bilious - abrasive, tightly wound, prickly, complete overhaul compared to previous attempts.

DASDT - more settled down. simmering uneasiness, with occasional moments of erupting spatters of sound.

i can't say he's followed much of a pattern (other than having more advanced technology with each passing release). so it would be interesting to see where this could go

out of all the "wattm featured artists" mikey p has really been the only one to have exposed a flaw, a weakness a failure……. publicly

props for having some sac and moxy bro

the cover is so extreme and horrendous that it's "funny" in a very macabre way

as if to say he knew he was over doing it ,including the title

is this british humor ?

i reckon not

its a universal cry of pain related to loss and mis trust

To continue on with what Yikes is saying:

Considering the period in his life that he wrote this, is it any wonder it sounds the way it does, and has the album cover and title?

What needs to happen now is a µ-Ziq 'rebirth' album, and deliver the trademark melodies and crunchy beats we all know Mike is more than capable of making.

What needs to happen now is a µ-Ziq 'rebirth' album, and deliver the trademark melodies and crunchy beats we all know Mike is more than capable of making.

+1,000,000

Guest Calx Sherbet

yea i just now went back and started listening to this album. 6 seconds into it, and already i paused it and thought, "people have a problem with this album??"

• 8 months later...

Listening now (2nd consecutive listen) for the first time in quite a while.

It remains a great record with plenty of moments of real beauty.

One of Mike's finest releases i reckon.

np: 2CV - killer tune

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

Archived