IGNORED

Funny Autechre Stories

Root5

So my brother isn't into electronic music at all. He listens to Pearl Jam, and Hendrix and such. So I was listening to LCC the other day, and my brother walks in my room with a bright look on his face and says "I didn't know you played counter-strike! .... oh."

Anyone got any funny stories?

• Like 1

Guest Enter a new display name

What's the difference between Autechre and a bucket of shit?

The bucket.

Do you know how to save a drowning Sean Booth?

Take your foot off his head.

Rob Brown's so fat he had his ears pierced by harpoon.

You have to stay in shape. Autechre started walking five miles a day when they were 60. They're 97 today and we don't know where the hell they are.

What do you call a guy at your front door with no legs or arms?

Autechre!

Autechre are like computers: Hard to figure out and never have enough memory.

Autechre are like plungers: They spend most of their time in the hardware store or the bathroom.

Edited by Enter a new display name

Guest earlgrey

I was listening to Chiastic Slide while doing the dishes and my flatmate came in; Cipater finished and Rettic AC came on. Flatmate said something about the radio being out of tune and producing weird noise. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow, wondering whether she was being serious or if it was a dig at my listening tastes ... turned out to be the former. Gave me a chuckle. Aaah, AE, I'll listen to your detuned radio transmissions any day.

Edited by earlgrey

Guest Fran

My dad stole Untilted from my cd shelve to hear it, because it was the latest cd I had bought and according to him, I listen to some good stuff. He never got passed Ipacial Section.... RIP dad, you still didn´t get it. "This is music?" To which I replied "No, It´s an experience!"

Also, my ring tone is Augmatic Disport, wherever it starts ringing, it´s a success. That´s why my mobile was stolen. Thank you ae.

AE are a tribute to one man. Chuck Norris. Autechre are the glorification of Chuck Norris fast paced Round-House Kicks.

Guest Monkey God

My brother was absolutely convinced when listening in my car to Surripere on Draft that the cassette was jammed in the tape deck....

Guest mushroom

I was listening to Fermium, and it was all like "fzzt fsst fzzt rickaticka fzzt"

hooo, good times

I put Tri Repetae on my girls iPod and she put it on shuffle one day at school. She told me that 'Clipper' came on and she literally threw her iPod across the room cause it scared her so badly -- she said it sounded like bugs were scurrying around in her brain...

Edited by Earth

stop being so irrational, root 5

OH WAIT YOU CAN'T

lolol i crack myself up

Haha. I use that joke all the time, you're the first other person to do it (assuming you are a person). Congrats.

And lawl, these are some great stories.

Guest Rook

"How are you not having a seizure to this?"

"I think there is a car backfiring or something."

"This music is seriously freaking me out right now."

and my all time favorite,

"This is pretty cool. Who is it? I like it." Totally blew my mind

Edited by Rook

I was listening to Bine, Confield

Door was open.

My best friend who lives next to me.

Went into my appartment thinking that I had a tape cassette stuck in the player going wrong.

Was in my chair smoking weed.

Offered him some.

30 minutes later after the end of Lentic Catachresis he told me he was born-again and found God.

Guest Bad Influence

I remember sitting round at a mates smoking one night. I asked him for a Clipper, so he turned to his laptop and started playing Tri Repatae. We laughed and then I hit. This is the same guy that described my taste in music as a random set of beeps, clicks and farts.

fermium

in my car... listening full blast at a red light... there was a car with 4 white girls in it beside me... they were staring straight ahead as if they were to terrified to find out where that sound was coming from!

the trees

pulled into a subway restaurant with this track playing full blast... parked the car... a kid that was skateboarding in the parking lot walks up to me "dude! that's autechre!"

fermium

in my car... listening full blast at a red light... there was a car with 4 white girls in it beside me... they were staring straight ahead as if they were to terrified to find out where that sound was coming from!

THAT"S WHAT WHITE CHICS DO!

Guest uncle traveling matt
i don't have any funny stories about autechre because no one will listen to them with me :cry:

word

fermium

THAT"S WHAT WHITE CHICS DO!

WORD!

Guest Monkey God
the trees

pulled into a subway restaurant with this track playing full blast... parked the car... a kid that was skateboarding in the parking lot walks up to me "dude! that's autechre!"

I dream about situations like this......reminds me of a time when 3 of us were bugged out on acid in a park and encountered a group of people who started chatting to us. We tried to remain focused as you do, just hoping that they would go away....turns out they were trippin too!!! Boy did we laugh... :teeth:

One time we were listening to Anti-Ep at a party when a police officer came to the door looking very angry.

"I do believe that noise you are listening to is most definetly a succession of repetitive beats. I will be disbanding this party and arresting all of you." he said.

"Wait, officer! Listen closely..." I said.

Everyone was still. The music played. We waited in anxiety. After several measures the police officer had a look of disbelief and anger on his face.

"Well, I would of got away with it if it weren't for you and that meddling AUTECHRE!"