IGNORED

Funny Autechre Stories

Root5

Have they ever even mentioned eno? Like, ever?

https://forum.watmm.com/topic/81109-aaa-ask-autechre-anything-sean-and-rob-on-watmm/?p=2086205

Redruth

would u plees name one ambient music recording which u fancy?

Sean Ae

god that word ambient is such a loaded term (thanks brian) - i'm gonna say phaedra

They mention Kraftwerk now and then: http://thequietus.com/articles/04018-autechre-interview-oversteps

SB: I grew up with Kraftwerk. The first track I owned was 'Tour De France'. It was my favourite electro track. 

That term warmth is a little bit weird if it does exist. I once heard Kraftwerk described as cold, but they are anything but. Kraftwerk are not just funky, their sound is amazing - like a weird, rotating, magic puzzle box from the future. Just an amazing most pristine, perfect sound. Just beautiful.

But yeah, I can definitely hear the Kraftwerk influence but I can't really hear much Eno..

Edited by mokz

• 2 weeks later...

I bought ep7 as it came out in 1999. It became quickly one of my favourite records.

2 years later there was an article in a magazine for electronic music about Ae, with an overlook of the discography.

I read it, and then I came to a passage where the pre-gap hidden track was mentioned.

That blew my mind: I had this CD for years, heard it countless times, and it still had a track I didn't heard yet.

That was kinda funny.

Hmm...

Right after Untilted was released, I got new neighbors... We lived in an apartment that was set up like a duplex, so I heard everything through the walls. They were so loud and so annoying and we did not get along at all...

I also happened to work 3rd shift at Waffle Houseat the time, and one night, I was sick of their crap, so I turned my radio up, moved the speakers against the wall and left LCC on repeat the whole 10 hours I was at work.

I didn't hear much out of them after that...

=D

Edited by Hk47

• 4 weeks later...

I said Eno because I needed to mention some not-unknown British lad quickly.

In retrospect, it was a shit move.

But those drums still don't sound like Kraftwerk's Musique Non-Stop to me. At all. I also don't know how he made that connection and still be right.

I bet erlupa's dad would like 'four of seven'.

You were right, he listened to it in its entirety without any pressure from me whatsoever, which isn't something he does (we do) normally. He listened to a bit of The Prodigy after that.

Shortly after midnight, 25th September, 2015. Outside Holocene venue in Portland, OR, USA
Guys are loading up tour bus with equipment, packing up the show for the night

Phil (Cygnus): Hey Sean, do we need to start loading up the gear yet?

Sean: They've been putting the fucking shit in there the whole time!

Can't remember if those were their exact words, but it's how I remember it

While listening to recent NTS Session my partner expressed her condolences as it was so good Autechre had obviously 'sold out'.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My dad is the kind of guy who wears a big watch, very douchebag. One night he was doing banging of a chick and it was in synch with the bad vibel (which was not playing st that time) and now that’s all I can imagine when I hear that song from the cd

• Haha 1

every now and then again my dad takes me to the summer, to crack a cold one and enjoy the rays. once, when we were just drinking a beers and soaking up rays he said son, as my son you must promise me to always enjoy the authechre’s music. they have just come with nts “the sessions” 8 hours mix new album and you must study this work, every detail as well as the whole thing and let this music be your guide. you must never listen to me, only hear the music of those men. I have always done so as he says to this day

• Haha 1

after my dad did die, my father had left me he cds collection. for example “ep7” with frosted jewels. I took out my notebook and wrote a letter to him now gone. Dear father, I said, you have always held up this music for me to learn from and now I am ready to make my own create of music. Then I took out from him the old rsd10 and alesis mmt8 and r8 of Roland. To this day do I do this, even after his dead. Bc I cry when I think of him I call it “cry repetae” and lpCry” and cryistice and incryabula and, when I am finish, excrai.

• Haha 1

Today I learn my dad not real, no biology, only my mom boyfriend. she say my father englishman from Manchester by the sea. I go there. Walk the grey city streets look out for him my dad. mom say he skinny, wear of northface, jean too big. I see him, I think it him. he does computer all night long, no friend, never a woman. Does Skype with “rob” who only friend, a family man with child’s and with wife of own. Sean cry each time say goodbye to him. I cry too. That how I know it is him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

now I understand he of autechre, do the beats, make it sound fuck. Rob want to do nice pads, lush, feels good. Sean too angry, say mean thing, make the beats too fuck. Warp releases anyway, they no care. Have opn now, very culture and high of class. Sean even more mad so make too long, no one enjoy. No melody at all. Too chaos. I find, it bc of me. Bc I show up. I say Sean it me you son, blood son. He startle! Afraid. Ask me how to max and msp. I show him. He believe me. Now next I try him to do lush, make beats relax and feel good, melody of emotion. Rob very please, now play with kid more. Sean not know. Drink too much coffee, feel nervous and scare. But he come around soon. Next autechre like old style, no more fuck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today I learn my dad not real, no biology, only my mom boyfriend. she say my father englishman from Manchester by the sea. I go there. Walk the grey city streets look out for him my dad. mom say he skinny, wear of northface, jean too big. I see him, I think it him. he does computer all night long, no friend, never a woman. Does Skype with “rob” who only friend, a family man with child’s and with wife of own. Sean cry each time say goodbye to him. I cry too. That how I know it is him.

FLOL