IGNORED

Funny Autechre Stories

Root5

No idea, it's always youtube or spotify on in that room, all sorts of stuff gets played. They didn't like Aphex Swift either. I did put on my own bandcamp and got no comments whatsoever which I'm very proud of.

Guest fucktechre

I was cumming extremely stupid hard, like I thought for sure I would have to go to the emergency room and was like "oh fuck how am I going to explain this to my wife like 'so listen I was cumming so hard to ae but I think I need to go to the hospital'" but then a lush pad came in, cum lovingly sprinkled down upon everything like the most wholesome snowflakes on Christmas morning, Kevin ran out to give the hobo-pigeon lady some stupid turtle dove ornament and I collapsed back into the lush bed as the Mcallister family distributed gifts all morning. I got the limited quaristice. best day ever.

I no longer have any reservations about what I write on this forum. Thank you for the service. :happy:

Guest fucktechre

I played Simmm for some people at uni and one of them was like "what the hell is this mindless cowbell banging shit?" lol

People don't appreciate the 'chre man.

My head's spinning from the novelty of the situation, but I've turned two people on to Autechre in the past two days. Yesterday my psychiatrist and today my social worker. I guess the next step is to ask them if they want to drop acid together. Wtf.

Guest fucktechre

My sister took me to see Autechre in 2001. I kept waiting for them to come on and eventually asked one of the staff when they were going to play. I thought the music sounded terrible. He pointed to the stage and said That is Autechre.

My mum said "I wouldn't listen to it, but it's alright as background music" when I was listening to Draft as she visited.

edit: she said that before about the Glasgow 2005 liveset, "alright as background music"

Edited by Lesley

A good friend of mine is into the popular stuff so I messed with her a little bit and put gantz graf after some miley. Ironically she twerked harder than she did to begin with.

Guest fucktechre

My sister took me to see Autechre in 2001.

*head explodes*

Hey! You should know that I had to work hard to get to the front rail @ Autechre @ WARP25, and once I actually got to the front I eagerly awaited my chance to slip in when someone lost their nerve to either pee, drink, or whatever. I was intent!! Well, in front of me was a woman who was dangerously enjoying the music. I mean it. I had to take 1.5 steps back so she wouldn't nail me in the jaw with her ecstasy. ++ the waiting line outside was like 50% women, so... perhaps women are less visible because of the general state of sexism in society?

PS: Damn her. She did like my æ tat tho. :sleep:

I was at frat party in 1996 and all the "artsy" kids were hanging in the kitchen with a radio playing tunes. I popped in disc 2 from Tri Repetae and some sorority girl walked in and said "this is really good" and started dancing to Second Scepe. Two of her friends joined her and they hung out with us until the end of the disc. Good times.

A good friend of mine is into the popular stuff so I messed with her a little bit and put gantz graf after some miley. Ironically she twerked harder than she did to begin with.

ah damn! more luck next time...

My sister took me to see Autechre in 2001.

*head explodes*

Hey! You should know that I had to work hard to get to the front rail @ Autechre @ WARP25, and once I actually got to the front I eagerly awaited my chance to slip in when someone lost their nerve to either pee, drink, or whatever. I was intent!! Well, in front of me was a woman who was dangerously enjoying the music. I mean it. I had to take 1.5 steps back so she wouldn't nail me in the jaw with her ecstasy. ++ the waiting line outside was like 50% women, so... perhaps women are less visible because of the general state of sexism in society?

PS: Damn her. She did like my æ tat tho. :sleep:

i've never met a human female who's into ae. was she kissable too?

p.s. an ae tat?! and she noticed it?! *compounded head explodes again*

i was playing Gantz Graf on the stereo where i work and my coworker came up to me and said, "Why do you play this stuff? Do you just purposely make people want to avoid you?"

Guest fucktechre

no, she was basically a giant mutant testicle.

edit:

yes, she was basically a giant mutant testicle.

i was playing Gantz Graf on the stereo where i work and my coworker came up to me and said, "Why do you play this stuff? Do you just purposely make people want to avoid you?"

<<hahahaha. ah now that's my favorite. thank you.

Edited by fucktechre

no, she was basically a giant mutant testicle.

edit:

yes, she was basically a giant mutant testicle.

i don't like girls being giant mutant testicles! not that there's anything wrong with that, just a matter of taste

Re: girls and Autechre

I've know 4 girls I'm my life who are avidly into Ae, and one of the two people who introduced me to Autechre was female.

Essentially hanging out on 2-CT7 while two of my friends who didn't know each other were talking about music. Girl flips through guy's CD collection commenting "I see you like autechre"... Que 15 minute conversation. Some part of my mind held on to this and within a few months I had gone out and acquired all things Ae

Edited by fizzkinz

It's pretty amazing to discover ae for the first time (if you actually like it). I remember hearing AI etcetera but I have no recollection of hearing Untilted for the first time or so.

lol cool dad

I bet you've all heard the "omg your soundcard/record player/youtube is broken" thing? Happened to me once or twice lol.

It's stupid tho when people want to sound cool and just say "is this music??" fuck that.

Edited by th555

Guest Roksen Creek

Some of the comments I've gotten:

"Do you still listen to that TV static stuff?"

"This is weird, it has no beat" (to xylin room)

"You just like listening to the same beat over and over don't you?"

"Why don't you just listen to skrillex, that's better than this"

"I don't like it, it sounds like Gangsta Paradise" (to Arch Carrier)

Not sure if any of that is funny though.