IGNORED

Funny Autechre Stories

Root5

Some of the comments I've gotten:

"I don't like it, it sounds like Gangsta Paradise" (to Arch Carrier)

It does not, but there is a Gescom track that sounds exactly like Gangsta's Paradise. I'm pretty sure it was called C1.

I'm convinced all of you either have very lame friends or are making up some false reality in which girls don't like good electronic music

Almost every female I knew I'm my 20's listened to apex and boc, and while not everyone I know these days had the same taste it can't be I met all the worlds population of female warp fans

not an Ae story but I once played Hard Normal Daddy in my mum's car because I wanted to hear it turnt up on the car's system. I knew my mum was struggling with it, so I turned to her - just after Rustic Raver ended iirc - and asked her what she thought. she was like "this guy is making chutney out of music" and after my initial lol I realised that's actually pretty fucking accurate! the way Tom built some of his classic tracks, especially on Go Plastic, is totally like making chutney out of music.

Guest fucktechre

Re: girls and Autechre

I've know 4 girls I'm my life who are avidly into Ae, and one of the two people who introduced me to Autechre was female.

Essentially hanging out on 2-CT7 while two of my friends who didn't know each other were talking about music. Girl flips through guy's CD collection commenting "I see you like autechre"... Que 15 minute conversation. Some part of my mind held on to this and within a few months I had gone out and acquired all things Ae

Always wanted to try 2-CT7. 2C-I is mind-bending. It was like pressing tilde and getting access to the control panel.

Guest fucktechre

I was playing LCC when my dad was in the same room and he gave one of the generic "sounds like the disc is skipping" comments. Oh well...

Heh. I know this is an AphexTwin story, but the first time I listened to Selected Ambient works the cd was skipping the whole time and playing in fast-forward. I only realized that on the 2nd listen. Haha.

Guest jasondonervan

"They're sneaking reggae on your shit noises son"

- Dad, on the end part of Augmatic Disport

This made me lol irl, f'in brilliant

:dadjoke:

Guest fucktechre

QUOTE (HWNDarkside @ Jun 19 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lol at making his 2 years old son listen to autechre: the little gut is gonna have some hell of a musical education.

I think I'll be making the same, but I have to procreate first. Btw, do you guys listen to ae while making love? Even for a fan that must be disturbing.

I bought a pair of studio headphones after WARP25 and was listening to the remastered recording of the set with my eyes closed on my lover's couch when she decided it would be a good idea to... yow. I was sober but I'll tell ya it was better than music + MDMA.

I introduced my girlfriend to Autechre this year, and since she's studying abroad in Europe, she is going to see them live at Simple Things festival in Glasgow tomorrow. Its been my dream to see them live for close to a decade, but they never come to america.

:cattears:

wait thats not a funny story...

"They're sneaking reggae on your shit noises son"

- Dad, on the end part of Augmatic Disport

This made me lol irl, f'in brilliant

:dadjoke:

now that is a funny story

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Seeing as they abbreviate their name to ae, does that mean that one day they'll be a state of the US.

sorry :catface:~~~ it is called the funny stories thread

surely rdj asking sean to design a piece of gear with him and sean saying no qualifies itt

Sean probably knew that every unit sale would be followed by an urgent request to give it a name. Edited by baph

surely rdj asking sean to design a piece of gear with him and sean saying no qualifies itt

Sean probably knew that every unit sale would be followed by an urgent request to give it a name.

your roland aephex synthi is called derek

Sean probably knew that every unit sale would be followed by an urgent request to give it a name.

lol

also, ae's approach to music and music production is diametrically opposed to afx' so naturally sean said no

lol

also, ae's approach to music and music production is diametrically opposed to afx' so naturally sean said no

Yea this is what I thought too, but would've been cool to see what sort of schizophrenic unit they'd have come up with.

Or ae could've agreed to do everything by majority vote and then veto afxs shitty ideas.

Edited by th555

Guest fucktechre

Good morning lol!

I just got a new Android phone and of course I set every ringtone possible to an Autechre track and well, something funny and awesome just happened. :-)

My iShitPhone started it's morning alarm, just making a deep rhythmic vibration on my wooden desk, and then a few moments later my Android phone started playing Treale, from Oversteps. Turns out it sounds fucking amazing even with the vibrate rhythm "off". Ha! At first I was "D'oh!", morning gotta wake up, and a moment later I'm dancing to a smartphone remake of the 'chre. Oh the joy! Damn I love Awe-tech-re. Also added 'Autechre' to my dictionary. A phone auto-completing Autechre, now that's smart.