IGNORED

Funny Autechre Stories

Root5

Good morning lol!

I just got a new Android phone and of course I set every ringtone possible to an Autechre track and well, something funny and awesome just happened. :-)

My iShitPhone started it's morning alarm, just making a deep rhythmic vibration on my wooden desk, and then a few moments later my Android phone started playing Treale, from Oversteps. Turns out it sounds fucking amazing even with the vibrate rhythm "off". Ha! At first I was "D'oh!", morning gotta wake up, and a moment later I'm dancing to a smartphone remake of the 'chre. Oh the joy! Damn I love Awe-tech-re. Also added 'Autechre' to my dictionary. A phone auto-completing Autechre, now that's smart.

yeah, give it a few weeks and you're gonna hate Treale

I had Inhake2 as a ringtone for about a year and now I can't listen to the intro without thinking my phone is ringing

Guest fucktechre

yeah, give it a few weeks and you're gonna hate Treale

I had Inhake2 as a ringtone for about a year and now I can't listen to the intro without thinking my phone is ringing

Hmm... now I've got an idea... hahaha <maniacal laughter> haaHAHA!! I'll set my wakeup alarm to Ventolin! Ahem... I just played 2.5 seconds of it on Youtube and pressed ctrl+w almost immediately. Maybe not Ventolin. Anyways, hmm now I'm curious about the repercussions. I don't imagine I could have a crappier day because I started with a jolt. Maybe it'd put a spring in my step, make me extra cheery. I'm confused. :cry:

Edited by fucktechre

Guest fucktechre

Record your alarm and listen to that instead of ae.

Btw ventolin is cool.

Let not me asshattery be misunderstood. YES, Ventolin is cool. :)

• 2 weeks later...

"They're sneaking reggae on your shit noises son"

- Dad, on the end part of Augmatic Disport

This made me lol irl, f'in brilliant

very nice

Guest fucktechre

I'm blasting an AE live set and during a particularly lush part my mum walks into my room fistpumping.

no way. cool!!

heh, i tried to get into punk rock when i was a kid. i bought a rancid album, was listening to it on headphones when my mom demanded to hear it. gave her the headphones, she listened for > 5 seconds, and proceeded with great skill to eject the tape, drop it on the ground, and jump on it until splat. i don't listen to punkrock today. think it's the best thing that's ever happened in my life. eeesh. what if it was an autechre tape?? i shudder to think...

Edited by fucktechre

I'm blasting an AE live set and during a particularly lush part my mum walks into my room fistpumping.

no way. cool!!

heh, i tried to get into punk rock when i was a kid. i bought a rancid album, was listening to it on headphones when my mom demanded to hear it. gave her the headphones, she listened for > 5 seconds, and proceeded with great skill to eject the tape, drop it on the ground, and jump on it until splat. i don't listen to punkrock today. think it's the best thing that's ever happened in my life. eeesh. what if it was an autechre tape?? i shudder to think...

rancid wasn't punk music they just dressed in those clothes and the marketing machine pumping that 'scene' misappropriated the name for revenue generating purposes, the thought of it still makes me angry today, haha, i'm such a bitter man [-; , so your mother was correct in her hijinx.

lol MC.

rancid wasn't punk music they just dressed in those clothes and the marketing machine pumping that 'scene' misappropriated the name for revenue generating purposes, the thought of it still makes me angry today, haha, i'm such a bitter man [-; , so your mother was correct in her hijinx.

like 90% of 'punk' music really..

Guest fucktechre

rancid wasn't punk music they just dressed in those clothes...

Reminds me of some anarchists I know. True, clothes don't make the ___. Makes me angry too.

aye. rancid are certainly on the lower end of the scale, doesn't sound like you've given them much of a chance man

Well, to hell with my prejudice towards punk then. There's probably just a scene of people where I live who listen to utter crap.

Edited by fucktechre

• 2 years later...

had a dream that I was having a big everyone-invited bash, it was outside and people of all ages were present, there was live entertainment by my friends and relatives, funny enough, autechre showed up and I was like wow, is that sean booth and rob brown???? wow! And sean booth went up with a trombone and instructed the house band to play some smooth jazz and he killed it on the trombone. I talked to rob brown about autechre's recent 17-minute masterpiece and he was flattered that I liked it and commented that he actually hadn't even listened to it yet.

lol

• 6 months later...

[Cipater is playing in the background].

(Dad) - You know, I like this. It sounds absolutely inspired by Kraftwerk.

(Me) - Kraftwerk? Not at all, these guys aren't inspired by that. They probably listened to them but they come from a more, uh, Brian Eno angle. It's british music after all.

- Yeah, but the drums say Musique Non Stop to me.

- How? Those are so different!

Then a day later I watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it1_luO0azM

I text my father he was "right about that" and he calls me a dumbass in return.

To be fair, I still don't get how he made that connection.