Sign in to follow this  
Root5

Funny Autechre Stories

Guest fucktechre

I'm blasting an AE live set and during a particularly lush part my mum walks into my room fistpumping.

no way. cool!!

heh, i tried to get into punk rock when i was a kid. i bought a rancid album, was listening to it on headphones when my mom demanded to hear it. gave her the headphones, she listened for > 5 seconds, and proceeded with great skill to eject the tape, drop it on the ground, and jump on it until splat. i don't listen to punkrock today. think it's the best thing that's ever happened in my life. eeesh. what if it was an autechre tape?? i shudder to think...

Edited by fucktechre

laughing-puppets-o.gif

my aunt/uncle/nan/grandad/mum/dad/cousin/brother/sister/chimp listened to autechre once, they didn't like it

wha-wha-wah-whaaaaaa!!!!

Nobody really likes Autechre, we are all just pretending.

You can't imagine how shitty I feel pretending to shake my booty to T ess xi or Tilapia in front of my computer, alone. In the dark.

I'm blasting an AE live set and during a particularly lush part my mum walks into my room fistpumping.

no way. cool!!

heh, i tried to get into punk rock when i was a kid. i bought a rancid album, was listening to it on headphones when my mom demanded to hear it. gave her the headphones, she listened for > 5 seconds, and proceeded with great skill to eject the tape, drop it on the ground, and jump on it until splat. i don't listen to punkrock today. think it's the best thing that's ever happened in my life. eeesh. what if it was an autechre tape?? i shudder to think...

rancid wasn't punk music they just dressed in those clothes and the marketing machine pumping that 'scene' misappropriated the name for revenue generating purposes, the thought of it still makes me angry today, haha, i'm such a bitter man [-; , so your mother was correct in her hijinx.

lol MC.

rancid wasn't punk music they just dressed in those clothes and the marketing machine pumping that 'scene' misappropriated the name for revenue generating purposes, the thought of it still makes me angry today, haha, i'm such a bitter man [-; , so your mother was correct in her hijinx.

like 90% of 'punk' music really..

aye. rancid are certainly on the lower end of the scale, doesn't sound like you've given them much of a chance man

Guest fucktechre

rancid wasn't punk music they just dressed in those clothes...

Reminds me of some anarchists I know. True, clothes don't make the ___. Makes me angry too.

aye. rancid are certainly on the lower end of the scale, doesn't sound like you've given them much of a chance man

Well, to hell with my prejudice towards punk then. There's probably just a scene of people where I live who listen to utter crap.

Edited by fucktechre

had a dream that I was having a big everyone-invited bash, it was outside and people of all ages were present, there was live entertainment by my friends and relatives, funny enough, autechre showed up and I was like wow, is that sean booth and rob brown???? wow! And sean booth went up with a trombone and instructed the house band to play some smooth jazz and he killed it on the trombone. I talked to rob brown about autechre's recent 17-minute masterpiece and he was flattered that I liked it and commented that he actually hadn't even listened to it yet.

lol

lol

LEL typical rob brown

[Cipater is playing in the background].

(Dad) - You know, I like this. It sounds absolutely inspired by Kraftwerk.

(Me) - Kraftwerk? Not at all, these guys aren't inspired by that. They probably listened to them but they come from a more, uh, Brian Eno angle. It's british music after all.

- Yeah, but the drums say Musique Non Stop to me.

- How? Those are so different!

Then a day later I watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it1_luO0azM

I text my father he was "right about that" and he calls me a dumbass in return.

To be fair, I still don't get how he made that connection.

they often cite their electro influences which descends directly from kraftwerk 

I find your citing Eno as an influence offensive as fuck

Have they ever even mentioned eno? Like, ever?

Ok, have they ever mentioned eno, not brian?

They mention Kraftwerk now and then: http://thequietus.com/articles/04018-autechre-interview-oversteps

SB: I grew up with Kraftwerk. The first track I owned was 'Tour De France'. It was my favourite electro track. 

That term warmth is a little bit weird if it does exist. I once heard Kraftwerk described as cold, but they are anything but. Kraftwerk are not just funky, their sound is amazing - like a weird, rotating, magic puzzle box from the future. Just an amazing most pristine, perfect sound. Just beautiful.

But yeah, I can definitely hear the Kraftwerk influence but I can't really hear much Eno..

Edited by mokz

I bet erlupa's dad would like 'four of seven'.

I bought ep7 as it came out in 1999. It became quickly one of my favourite records.

2 years later there was an article in a magazine for electronic music about Ae, with an overlook of the discography.

I read it, and then I came to a passage where the pre-gap hidden track was mentioned.

That blew my mind: I had this CD for years, heard it countless times, and it still had a track I didn't heard yet.

That was kinda funny.

Hmm...

Right after Untilted was released, I got new neighbors... We lived in an apartment that was set up like a duplex, so I heard everything through the walls. They were so loud and so annoying and we did not get along at all...

I also happened to work 3rd shift at Waffle Houseat the time, and one night, I was sick of their crap, so I turned my radio up, moved the speakers against the wall and left LCC on repeat the whole 10 hours I was at work.

I didn't hear much out of them after that...

=D

Edited by Hk47

Lol Good job! Agression works

I said Eno because I needed to mention some not-unknown British lad quickly.

In retrospect, it was a shit move.

But those drums still don't sound like Kraftwerk's Musique Non-Stop to me. At all. I also don't know how he made that connection and still be right.

I bet erlupa's dad would like 'four of seven'.

You were right, he listened to it in its entirety without any pressure from me whatsoever, which isn't something he does (we do) normally. He listened to a bit of The Prodigy after that.