IGNORED

Funny Autechre Stories

Root5

i think it has about 4. if you had the cd you'd know it comes with like 4 or 5 different covers printed on separate pieces of card. i don't know if this is the same with the vinyl version.

I want the CD. I can't decide which cover I like the most either.

I used to work at a gas station and I remember just obtaining a copy of the Draft cassette leak. I have it playing on a tiny boom-box behind the counter because I'm the only one there and I can do what I want, ya know? This old woman walks in to pay for her gas and get a soda or something, idk. Any way she walks up to the counter and gives me a funny look while I'm ringing up her total. She looks at me and says, what's wrong with your cooler? I was like what? She says, The cooler is making a funny noise. (there was a large glass front cooler with sandwiches and stuff close to the cash register) I walk over by it and realize she's hearing the music playing softly LOL I just tell her it's the music I'm listening to and turn it up a little. She gives me a funny look yet again and says, that's some weird music. I just say yep and finish ringing her up with a big grin on my face trying not to laugh. THANKS AE!!!

edit: also many lols have been had by riding around top city (topeka, ks) blasting ae, vsnares, afx, etc

Edited by Hautlle

I would get that tattoo removed. It's just way too :facepalm: and the cover of Draft needs to be black, grey, and white. Otherwise it just looks like some asshole scribbled on your arm/leg/lower back/whatever. Honesty is the best policy you know?

I would get that tattoo removed. It's just way too :facepalm: and the cover of Draft needs to be black, grey, and white. Otherwise it just looks like some asshole scribbled on your arm/leg/lower back/whatever. Honesty is the best policy you know?

Duly noted. I always take opinions from strangers seriously and I'm scheduling my removal right now.

Yeah but you could say that about any tattoo that you don't know what is. Like someone could have some heavy metal band logo thing going on and I would go 'what the hell is that anyway is just looks meaningless' to him it would be meaningful and he'd probably punch me.

Most people will probably also be baffled at why I have an AE on my shoulder. But to me, and you lot, we know what it is and it means alot to us.

a few months ago, i told my 3 year old son that autechre is music made by robots. yesterday we were talking about robots and he says "AWEDECKER?" i then said... word!

i think it has about 4. if you had the cd you'd know it comes with like 4 or 5 different covers printed on separate pieces of card. i don't know if this is the same with the vinyl version.

vinyl does too. Can't check right now because it is at my parents house. But there is the outside cover and then the two cardboard sleves inside. are full on artwork as well. the outside case is a big folder the folds out to reveal artwork inside too.

Holy shit yeah man the CD comes with the big standard cover that mesh posted at the top of this page, but there are stiff cardboard inserts with 6 different pics of the same style.

When in doubt, Discogs.com

Its awesome because you can change the cover to whatever one you want as they are all separate cards.

Edited by thehauntingsoul

a few months ago, i told my 3 year old son that autechre is music made by robots. yesterday we were talking about robots and he says "AWEDECKER?" i then said... word!

That's adorable.

Holy shit yeah man the CD comes with the big standard cover that mesh posted at the top of this page, but there are stiff cardboard inserts with 6 different pics of the same style.

When in doubt, Discogs.com

Its awesome because you can change the cover to whatever one you want as they are all separate cards.

Now I want it even more.

Duly noted. I always take opinions from strangers seriously and I'm scheduling my removal right now.

Well you don't have to remove it. You could get it covered up with the cover of LP5.

:tongue:

Edited by Candiru

fucking lol

This is awesome! You are doing the lord's work my friend. I think fairly often about what it would be like to show my kids Autechre (when[ever] I have any). If you have some other funny stories involving showing your son Ae do tell!

Guest Enter a new display name

One of my classmates is really into Autechre. Never I would have thought that could occur in my whole life.

I had a dream where Autechre was proving how much more awesome they were than anybody. First, they played a jaunty little synth melody. This was the "normal" version. Then they played three or four random notes. This was the awesome Autechre version.

I had a dream that Autechre were playing live, but there was strobe lighting, and the bald one of the two was really upbeat and leaned out and pulled a smiley face. This is as I remember it, so I could be wrong. I'm not definitely sure this is what happened, just my poor version of events. I think they were playing a track from Draft. For an Autechre dream it was rubbish.

It doesn't compare to my Aphex Twin dream which had one of his track's playing while this large wheel of death chased me on an open railway track. I figured that the metal wheel of death was a visual imagining of his more schizophrenic crazed music. It was the best dream I ever had because I thought I was going to die.

I have an Autechre story that's actually an on-going Autechre conversation. I say to someone; 'heh, listen to Autechre, they're great!' They say: 'no fuck off, I hate them, they're cold and difficult, and don't tell me they're not, you sound like a twat goin on and on'. I go; 'but they're not! You haven't heard these two albums [LP5 and Chiastic Slide]. You've only heard the later, difficult stuff'. They go; 'I've heard three of their albums [Quaristice, Confield, Amber - in that order], I'm not listening to any more, ever'. I go; 'It's totally wasted on you'.

Sean Booth isn't bald I know.

• 4 months later...

I was random talking about Autechre at lacrosse practice today. The dialogue is as follows:

Me: "*me saying crap about Autechre and how great they are*"

Guy: What the hell is Autechre?

Me: Awesome...

Guy: Sing a song of theirs.

Me: *tempted to just say "BREAK"* No words?

Guy: Hum one.

Me: How the... it's impossible to hum, man.

He was bemused.

Guest boredroom

I put Tri Repetae on my girls iPod and she put it on shuffle one day at school. She told me that 'Clipper' came on and she literally threw her iPod across the room cause it scared her so badly -- she said it sounded like bugs were scurrying around in her brain...

LOL your post, your pic and your purse knicker all made me LOL I want your clothes your boots and your motorcycle ..erm :)

• 1 month later...