IGNORED

a µ-ziq experience i had...

QBLA

this happened around the time he was touring in support of his "royal astronomy" record. a friend and i were standing in line near the entrance for his show at the el rey theatre in los angeles. the marquee at the venue said something else, but i don't remember what it was. one of the workers came out to change it and started to put µ-ziq's name on the marquee... that's when most of the people standing in line started to yell "you're spelling it wrong!... it's not pronounced that way!..."... then a long haired dude with a chin strap beard (that was the style in those days) came up to the worker and started to explain the correct spelling and pronounciation. he said "the way you're spelling it now makes a "U" sound... you have to put an "M" in front because you don't have the character necessary to achieve this "MU" sound!" he then looked at me and said "am i right!"...

there... that's the µ-ziq experience i had 6 or 7 years ago!

oh sorry I actually was eating ice cream.

oh

I thought maybe you were talking about the musical quality of µ-ziq...wait does that exist?

well... at the end of his set, another track started mistakenly... he shut it off, waved goodbye to the crowd and walked off!

Went to see him in Montreal when he was touring for Bilious Paths.

He took requests for tracks midway though and I swear an exchange went like this:

me: "BURST YOUR ARM"

Mike shakes his head

me: "THE MOTORBIKE TRACK!"

Mike shakes his head

me: "GOT ANY MORE 90's TECHSTEP?"

Mike flips me off

I really wanted to hear them though! I got pissed when he shook them both off.

He also played Housewife before Meast was out and we all went crazy.

Archived