IGNORED

new release on the way

kaini

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's easy to say a new release is forthcoming, especially when myself and others "in the know" have confirmed it. Now, if any of the specifics he's prattled on about come true... then we get our forks ready for our generous helpings of humble pie...

Guest Archrival

Maybe they are going major on this one even if they still have 3 records left with the warp contract, it could be a joint release like that warp/skam thing....but now maybe they releasing a Sony/Warp thing..

lets not forget...

OOR Magazine 2005-10

Interview by Koen Poolman

"Mike: The next album will be a big shock for everyone, nobody is

expecting this from us."!

hmmm an album darker than geogaddi...hmmm hardly a shock, more electronic..hardly a shock...

a more rockband oriented psychedelic album with vocals all over it on a major label would be a major shock tho! :O

from the same interview

"They have plans for soloprojects"

And they are negotiating about a

soundtrack of a big movie. They are already started a new BoC album.

and this was 2 years ago...

That Bifurcation thing could be true tho and if its true then im happy :D maybe they pulling a "Andre and Big Boi" on us. I mean when Outkast released the love below and speakerboxx wich was solo records :P we seen solo tracks before and they are as stunning as anything else they release, heard they work a lot separate anyway...

Guest Archrival

ok the next album will sound like a mix between the cloudeadmix, the beck remix and the polyphonic spree...;) I bet!

Guest Archrival
Am I the only one who would be disappointed by a box set of old material?

No I agree, I would rather see new material and what they been up to lately...every release so far by BOCs been soooooo fresh!

I mean only a few groups can update their sound and try new grouds and themes but still "remain" the same in good way, Boards of canada have done it soooo nicely so far and I bet my bottom dollar that they wont dissapoint with this new release.

good news.

about 9x9... it's very easy to say "new boc album coming"; that would be like 99% true since that is what the guys do right? unless they began selling insurances or something.

good news.

about 9x9... it's very easy to say "new boc album coming"; that would be like 99% true since that is what the guys do right? unless they began selling insurances or something.

very true, however 9x9 went so far out on a limb with titles and themes and such that he is either very right or alzado will only be the first of many to put him on *ignore*

rook is on to something.

also, i would be disappointed if it turned out to be "old tunes" repackaged, some of their unreleased live stuff (that one long beatless track in particular) and the unreleased stuff from boc maxima in high quality would be nice, but beyond that i'm not sure how pumped i'd be. i'd still probably buy it.

Guest Enter a new display name

I doubt Boards of Canada will release anything later in 2007. 3 years in a row sounds too good to be true (well, MHTRTC, Peel Session and IABPOITC did). Anyways, I don't expect an LP anytime soon.

I doubt Boards of Canada will release anything later in 2007. 3 years in a row sounds too good to be true (well, MHTRTC, Peel Session and IABPOITC did). Anyways, I don't expect an LP anytime soon.

yeah, fair enough, mods delete thread plz.

Guest Music is Boc

Someone knows how sound the new Boc album?

It's a little feeling... but I think that new record will be a bomb.

bye!

Guest Moebius

In the same post, hex_official also comments on Chris H's contribution to Twoism:

Doesn't original version of Twoism say: Produced by, Recorded By,

Written-By - Chris Horne, Marcus Eoin, Michael Sandison ?

Re: the previous question by Smoothlab, see my previous post,

that is why the amendment was made!

(His previous post referenced is the one we discussed in an earlier topic in which he says all their recorded music was made solely by Mike & Marcus.)

Archived