IGNORED

Unreleased Aphex - Need help for Discog

Guest theflame...

Guest theflame...
And there's a collection of tracks that I have that may or may not be part of that list...

Hey Joyrex, nice to hear from you. Any chance you would be intersted in sharing any details of these for thre discog? I can keep them private if you prefer...just some track names and dates or anything would be great :rolleyes:

you can add the unreleased bradley strider ep to that list.

i have a promo of bradleys beat ep, the 95 rerelease, that comes with one of those press release/sales bumph sheets, on that rephlex say "brad strider was the first artist to appear on rephlex. he has another ep to follow at xmas"

Thanks a lot dude, added!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a promo of bradleys beat ep, the 95 rerelease, that comes with one of those press release/sales bumph sheets, on that rephlex say "brad strider was the first artist to appear on rephlex. he has another ep to follow at xmas"

ahem...Bradley's Robot

Guest yetihunter

ahem...Bradley's Robot

ahem...bradley's robot had already been released by then...

Guest theflame...
That warp promo is fake and the "snippets" you talk about in bwoon dub are just layers of the dubbed track(s) that shine through as other elements fade out.

thats a pity, thats a few less on the list. keep them coming though anyone...

ahem...Bradley's Robot

ahem...bradley's robot had already been released by then...

nope, it was released in late 95/ early 96

Guest yetihunter

@ ivo - maybe i'm wrong then mate, but the label on the record does say 1993 on it... that's where i was coming from...

bradrobotbsideedit.jpg

Guest yetihunter
I don't have my Brad's Robot anymore to compare, but it was released in 1996... Odd that yours says 1993 - anyone elses' have that too?

only other copy i have seen (me mates) says the same.

it fits in too with other rephlex cat numbers - vulva's excellent lp from the cockpit (cat021) was '93 too.

only thing is, although i got the bradleys beat ep as it was released, i never got hold of my bradleys ep robot till about 2001, 2nd hand like

Most of the stuff in the list is taken from interviews Richard's given, or interviews with friends or labelmates. I'm still looking for more though :cool:

just to make sure, you do realize RDJ lies for fun in interviews frequently right?

so far here is a list of his lies -

-built his own samplers

-lives in a bank

-owns a tank

-made acid techno in 1985 before Dj Pierre

can anybody think of more?

i took the descriptions of these from an interview with Richard actually...

you might want to look up on wikipedia.org the phrase "tongue in cheek"

And there's a collection of tracks that I have that may or may not be part of that list...

super secret elite tracks that you cant show or play for anyone besides super secret elite friends ?

Actually, Richard himself gave me a blessing to release some of the tracks... I'll have to dig through my emails to see if I still have the list he said was OK...

Hey Joyrex, nice to hear from you. Any chance you would be intersted in sharing any details of these for thre discog? I can keep them private if you prefer...just some track names and dates or anything would be great :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot dude, added!

Sorry, no names on the tracks (14 of them) - date from around 1994-1996 era I believe.

Guest theflame...

would you care to share some track names or a little information? im not after the actual mp3s or anything, but whatever you'd like to share would be great! you're free to host the discog here on WATMM if you like, or cannibalise it in whatever way you see fit...

Thank you for your kind offer.

You'll start seeing the Aphex discog finally take shape here on WATMM soon, so watch for that, as users will be able to contribute to it as well (in a controlled aspect, not Wikipedia-like).

As for the unreleased tracks, I'll say more about them when the time is right...

Guest theflame...
Thank you for your kind offer.

You'll start seeing the Aphex discog finally take shape here on WATMM soon, so watch for that, as users will be able to contribute to it as well (in a controlled aspect, not Wikipedia-like).

As for the unreleased tracks, I'll say more about them when the time is right...

cant wait!

Sorry, no names on the tracks (14 of them) - date from around 1994-1996 era I believe.

well actually, tchnically, 13 of them are unreleased, and the other, we've all heard

Guest theflame...

well actually, tchnically, 13 of them are unreleased, and the other, we've all heard

i havent heard it :-( is it still live anywhere Joyrex?

Archived