IGNORED

Is Ceephax nearly as Good as Squarepusher?

Guest AOOproductions

Guest Dr of Quantization
acid legacy is nuts

his web site is awesome

let's starta ceephax subforum movement

I second that. If a Luke Vibert subfourm, why not Ceephax??!!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to say that "Steve" off of Volume One (and the rest of the album, for that matter) gives me more joy and enjoyment than anything Tom has put out this century. It's been a treat watching Ceephax expand his repertoire over the past few years without straying too far from a certain core ethic.

It would be fair to say that Squarepusher is generally more broad than Ceephax, but in terms of depth they both provide a lot to draw on. For sheer charm, though, Ceephax takes the cake hands down. He's just such a lovable scamp.

And I'll take Ceephax's sweaters over Tom's loud-ass shirts any day of the week.

Squarepusher is more interesting than ceephax 4 me but u must know that ceephax don't make the same music as his brother squarepusher...

ceephax ----> acid house, acid electronic music, etc. all is acid in his music

squarepusher -----> all styles (jazz, breakcore, d'n'b (jungle), drill'n'bass, electronic music, etc. also acid house (under the moniker Chaos A.D.)

so i can't say if ceephax is nearly good as squarepusher, they r different & sure ceephax is younger than squarepusher, but why not 4 this question : Is Squarepusher nearly as bad as Ceephax?

Guest Dirty Protest

His last album was acid, but thats been the first in a couple of years. Hardcore Esplanade, Hardcore Wick, Exidy Tours, Volume 1 and Megalift - all not acid. Volume 2 - acid. You should try listening to some, its mostly good.

His last album was acid, but thats been the first in a couple of years. Hardcore Esplanade, Hardcore Wick, Exidy Tours, Volume 1 and Megalift - all not acid. Volume 2 - acid. You should try listening to some, its mostly good.

what? not acid?

i've vinyls of Hardcore Esplanade, Hardcore Wick, Exidy Tours and Megalift and cds volumes 1 & 2... all are acid... sorry

Guest Dirty Protest

what? not acid?

i've vinyls of Hardcore Esplanade, Hardcore Wick, Exidy Tours and Megalift and cds volumes 1 & 2... all are acid... sorry

Your idea of acid and mine are way off then.

Just realised as I wrote this I was listening to Prebuild :arrr:

Guest blutac

I love ceephax its a lot of fun, but I don't think he's ever recorded a serious album so I don't think its a comparison. More range needed. Still tunes like moor and northern spirit on exidy tours show what he could do..

Altough Ceephax's music is quite complex and fun to listen, he is more of a

evolutionary degradation in electronic music than RDJ or Squarepusher, who both have,

RDJ especially, actually MADE the predispositions for ideas of that guy Ceephax

naturally to flourish. IMO, their contribution is just incomparable.

Guest Kenneth172

IMHO the Ceephax Acid volumes 1 and 2 from Rephlex were a bit shit. I liked the last track on vol. 2 - Ravenscar cuz it was more ambient. Also, I know where the place is on the East coast, the music goes well with it.

Ceephax live is about the most fun you can have listening to music and in the last year hes become very good technologically to go with the ideas.

Aye. Ceephax wins for me.

And I'll take Ceephax's sweaters over Tom's loud-ass shirts any day of the week.

i've come to realize that we oughta have a subforum for the latest takes and trends in the no doubt dynamic world of post-electronic music-fashionmongering

Guest panga

i've come to realize that we oughta have a subforum for the latest takes and trends in the no doubt dynamic world of post-electronic music-fashionmongering

so, are jumpers in, or out now?

Guest Dr. Elemeno von Hat X: PhD

north faaaaaace

what the hell is a serious album?

i was gonna reply with this

re: thread topic

depends on your attention span. Mine is short. I don't like four to the floor. I prefer druqs era drill n bass afx. I like cut up breaks. I don't like much of the ceephax I have heard. It's more acid techno IMO.

He has some f'ed up drilly trax, but not many and they just ain't as interesting as his older bro or afx's ones. IMO.

If you like viberts acid release u will like ceephax probably. IMO.

also if you like dancing or drugs ceephax is proabbly awesome. :rolleyes: I bet he's awesome live!

• 9 years later...

Altough Ceephax's music is quite complex and fun to listen, he is more of a

evolutionary degradation in electronic music than RDJ or Squarepusher, who both have,

RDJ especially, actually MADE the predispositions for ideas of that guy Ceephax

naturally to flourish. IMO, their contribution is just incomparable.

This isn't a good argument because without jungle Squarepusher wouldn't have the same foundations for him to flourish.

Archived