IGNORED

unknown/unreleased tracks from various afx sets

gunnar

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

squishy is an 808 state song I think. Or maybe a remix of one.

yes! the bassline that starts at 0'57 is 808 state (from either "newbuild" or "prebuild")

edit: at 0'57 it is actually a 808 song, is not a remix or an "unreleased afx track" (i don't remember the name though).

Edited by qnio

Guest Kenneth172
"above the clouds"

that's the one i've always wanted to get on a record... when the tuss record was announced i could've sworn this was going to be on it... 'rushup edge' is the perfect name for this track IMO

Yes, but have you ever been to Rushup Edge? I'd put money on it that a great many Aphex fans have never been there. I doubt Aphex has either.

"above the clouds"

that's the one i've always wanted to get on a record... when the tuss record was announced i could've sworn this was going to be on it... 'rushup edge' is the perfect name for this track IMO

Yes, but have you ever been to Rushup Edge? I'd put money on it that a great many Aphex fans have never been there. I doubt Aphex has either.

ummm, enuff of that. talk about this:

ok. listen to snowbomb,

then listen to this,

which was taken from here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=197380348

Now what???

instead

Guest Kenneth172
"above the clouds"

ummm, enuff of that. talk about this:

ok. listen to snowbomb,

then listen to this,

which was taken from here: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=197380348

Now what???

instead

wtf happened? first there's a Nintendo-esque sample at the beginning and then a Drukqs-esque sample, then a reaaaaally bad break into some shit rap. And then a clear Aphex acid sample fading out at the end which sounded good.

Quite a mixed bag there yeah? Interesting nonetheless. Thanks for posting.

Anyway, back to Rushup Edge.... I bet 99.9% of readers on here have never even stepped foot there. I have, with the sheep shit stuck on my boots to prove it. :angry:

i just took a few intresting tracks from his sets, hoping that some of you would recognize a few of them (thank you!). these mp3s are not really intended to be potential unreleased afx tracks.

though "afxfuckery" is most definetly a work of RDJ and "tregaskinshuffle" sounds like one. abovetheclouds, snowbomb and squishy are suspicious

Guest Kenneth172
i just took a few intresting tracks from his sets, hoping that some of you would recognize a few of them (thank you!). these mp3s are not really intended to be potential unreleased afx tracks.

though "afxfuckery" is most definetly a work of RDJ and "tregaskinshuffle" sounds like one. abovetheclouds, snowbomb and squishy are suspicious

So are you responsible for this mix theng Mcgerbit?

Guest Snugglebum

the beginning of meth rmx is totally The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker o.0

Edited by Snugglebum

ok. listen to snowbomb,

then listen to this,

Now what???

Whats your point? that myspace is a fake and is very recent. This live afx track has been around for years and was used in the track for that reason I think.

ok. listen to snowbomb,

then listen to this,

Now what???

Whats your point? that myspace is a fake and is very recent. This live afx track has been around for years and was used in the track for that reason I think.

No point. Just pointing out what hadn't been already.

• 11 months later...

Just been reading this thread not seen it before, and there's some good stuff here. That snowbomb.mp3, though, I'm sure I've heard before. I'm definitely not 100% on this, but it sounds vaguely like an Ovuca track. Again, I'm not 100% as it's been a while since I've listened to any of his stuff. Just throwing it out there!

• 4 months later...
Guest behindthebeats

any update on id'ing these? particularly want to know about tregaskinshuffle and snowbomb

grant played an amazing unreleased afx track at corsica on friday but it certainly aint any of these. solo strike do you know where u've heard it before? im praying its on the next tuss release.....

any update on id'ing these? particularly want to know about tregaskinshuffle and snowbomb

grant played an amazing unreleased afx track at corsica on friday but it certainly aint any of these. solo strike do you know where u've heard it before? im praying its on the next tuss release.....

What, that acid one? From Rome 2002 isn't it? Don't remember any other AFX tracks unfortunately, I was very very screwed for the last 5 or so hours ;)

I really want to know that Snowbomb one. Heard Luke play it out loads of times. Don't think it's Aphex though.

Edited by Solo Strike