IGNORED

Bbydhyonchord Appreciation time

Salvatorin

Guest Renivatio
Apart from the comments on this forum. Drukqs is vastly under-rated. I think Aphex is probably finding it hard to come up with something radically new or a different sound altogether. There was a big distinction between ICBYD and Richard James album and Drukqs. All the stuff released since then - Analord, Tuss (especially Tuss) have a sound reminiscent of Drukqs. He now needs to surprise us all and pull something entirely different out of the bag and disconnected with everything he's done currently. It's been six years since his last official Aphex album, i.e. Drukqs. I won't hold my breath for a new album in the short-term though. These things take time and this is probably the reason why we've not seen a new Aphex album all this time. Add to that he's got stacks of cash in the bank, why does he have to work himself to the bone?

Yeah, it was as if Drukqs set the standard for Rich. I agree that work since Drukqs has had major influence from that time period, leading credence that Drukqs was a true album, not a hodgepodge of past tracks he's made. It's no wonder why it's hard to get off the clinging from Drukqs...it was so damn influential.

i don't agree. it's just a rehash of old ideas. drill piano pieces conceptualized by john cage. some ambient pieces. the ab series was revolutionary..... saw II yes rdj most definately. windowlicker blew some minds. i think people are still digesting drukqs.

• 10 years later...

...i read on this forum there was an album coming out this year by aphex though...... AND since the tuss isn't exclusively aphex that means we can expect an aphex album. sooooooo... expect it

:duckhunt:

I think it's the context that does it - emerging from the subterranean murk of gwely mernans into a haunted forest full of fairies.

Digressing completely, is it me or does anyone else see parallels between fork rave 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPF7r-Mr3aI

and klopjob?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_W8wUBq81w

Almost like they were made by the same person

track is a gem and fits so well into the sequencing of drukqs. always wondered how much thought he put into the flow drukqs. anyone have any info there? i sorta expect a quote that's just like, "whatever, i just threw em together" but i don't believe it :)

pronounced 'baby die on cord'

OHH right! I swear I have heard this tidbit before, but I can't recall where. About the lost Richard James, I would guess, as it's well before he had kids of his own

Thx Bambi

so much love for this track... there are very few others like it. aphex says in this 2001 interview that he has a lot of bbydhyonchord-style tracks which he didn't want to release.

many of my favourite AFX tracks are the ones that seem to sit in their very own style/genre. tracks like nannou, ventolin probus mix, logan rock witch, the first track on ab5 and even the recent mt fuji sequencer tracks.

bbydhyonchord might be the number #1 example of these occasions where rdj can just trail off into a completely new creative style, effortlessly re-inventing what can be done with music. how many other artists can you think of who are able to do this, so often?

• 2 weeks later...

I love this track. As someone said before, it does carry a heavy air of being in an liminal, limbo-like place; like right between dreaming and waking up. The fade in and fade out without much change in the rhythm or overall melody as the song goes makes it seem like you're visiting a place or thing that's always present behind the scenes, chugging and bouncing away.

Or it's just a track.

Edit:

avoid_photo.jpg?w=175&h=148

• 3 weeks later...

NME called this track a cheesey irony-free 80s electro workout in their Drukqs review. I cant see it myself.

Yup thats cuz most hipster media outlets only value art in terms of how ironic, relevant and/or edgy something is. Novelty factor, gimmick, image is the top priority. They try to fool you into thinking otherwise, but P Fork and friends are mostly just a snobbier version of Rolling Stone.

Archived