IGNORED

Underrated Aphex tracks

Guest dese manz hatin

^top obscure choices there.

praze-an-beeble was a huge favourite of mine for like a decade after i first got into aphex. when i heard the 07/08/09 tracks on the unreleased MD/joyrex tape i was overjoyed, and when i heard mortal 08 on sc i was fucking leaping with joy (rich completely reworked a longer, faster version of one of my favourite ever tracks!)

i'd like to nominate the fifth track on AB5 as possibly the most underrated aphex of all time. loads of amazing weird little melodies in there, it's sparse and quiet but it's got a steady groove and it stays classy throughout.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, a few on this page I hadn´t heard.  perc6 is super nice

edit: for me pigeon street (and on the romance tip) aren´t complete without the copious surface noise caused by those damn plastic sleeves

01 ventolin (salbutamol mix)

02 ventolin (praze-an-beeble mix)

03 ventolin (marazanvose mix)

04 ventolin (plain-an-gwarry mix)

05 ventolin (the coppice mix)

06 ventolin (crowsmengegus mix) + respect list

07 ventolin (wheeze mix)

08 ventolin (carharrack mix)

09 ventolin (probus mix)

10 ventolin (cylob mix)

11 ventolin (deep gong mix)

12 ventolin (asthma beats mix)

This^

Also. Most of that ep is equally good (if not better) at 45rpm

mangle 11

untitled (polygon window)

praze an beeble

xepha

alspacka

cat 008'97 b1

fantasia

masplid

perc #6

some more to add:

(untitled) Track 1 Analogue bubblebath 5

Hexagon

step up to cornwall

fresher + cleaner

wabby legs 

every day > odd ones out as i feel perhaps these two are recognised 

inkey$ > ditto

gx1 solo

wabby acid

Pancake Lizard. Somehow I always thought this tune sounds a bit unfinished, and could of been a mind-melter but maybe was rushed.

I think I'd like Richard to do a Contour Regard (whatever the fuck that means!) remix of it like he did with To Cure A Weakling Child on Come To Daddy. Give it a polish and add a bit of sparkle and throw in a few more bells and whistles.

Yep Pancake Lizard Contour Regard would be great.

blows my mind this wasn't released on orphaned deejay selek instead of the other midi pipe songs:

blows my mind this was done in one take without multitracking:

also people rarely talk about fredugulon 6 but it's really wonderful. The fucking clarity of the sound and the synth texture it's just like fucking sex I don't understand how it sounds so good. Even sounds good in a a shitty youtube rip:

and people talk about avril 14th but listen to this one a little closer:

blows my mind this wasn't released on orphaned deejay selek instead of the other midi pipe songs:

midi pipe2c edit, +3

Nanou2

Yeah wtf when he casually added some of his best melodies / fully formed tracks to the end of deejay selek as bonus tracks..  pretend analog extmix, midipipe2c and rozzbox

Also re:bodmin2, half of the entire analord series are straight classics but you mostly hear people talk about a few select hits (ie chosen lords).  Bodmin3 is one of the funkiest afx tracks imo.

too many underrated tracks to list from the sounddump

yeah thats part of the reason i thought this decade old thread deserved a bump.  even though soundcloud has its own thread(s), here we can discuss the treasure trove in the context of lesser talked about but amazing tracks or details from tracks

midi pipe2c edit, +3

Nanou2

Yeah wtf when he casually added some of his best melodies / fully formed tracks to the end of deejay selek as bonus tracks..  pretend analog extmix, midipipe2c and rozzbox

Also re:bodmin2, half of the entire analord series are straight classics but you mostly hear people talk about a few select hits (ie chosen lords).  Bodmin3 is one of the funkiest afx tracks imo.

too many underrated tracks to list from the sounddump

yeah thats part of the reason i thought this decade old thread deserved a bump.  even though soundcloud has its own thread(s), here we can discuss the treasure trove in the context of lesser talked about but amazing tracks or details from tracks

well even the bodmin tracks weren't on the original release. They were only on the rephlex website when he put them up for digital. Previously we only had vinyl rips of a lot of stuff. The bonus tracks are pretty incredible, like the analord 11 bonuses 3-notes-con and love 7 (Tuss era tracks that were previously only heard live, around the same time as some other tuss track leaks)

midi pipe2c edit, +3

Nanou2

well even the bodmin tracks weren't on the original release. They were only on the rephlex website when he put them up for digital. Previously we only had vinyl rips of a lot of stuff. The bonus tracks are pretty incredible, like the analord 11 bonuses 3-notes-con and love 7 (Tuss era tracks that were previously only heard live, around the same time as some other tuss track leaks)

yeah wasn't it on christmas the bonus analords appeared on the rephlex website?  I remember it felt like such a huge gift.  And i remember streaming them from the website, being too poor a young lad to buy the whole set.

rich if ya got more kickin around, bodmin ep.. pls

Archived